The Clifford's.

The sound of the door bell echoed through the large house. I swallowed the remaining coffee that lingered in my mouth tossing my China mug into the sink, feeling sick. The click of heels sounded followed by the voices of three different people. Running my hands through my hair I straightened my denim shirt and black skintight skirt suddenly feeling very out of place and nervous. Grabbing my phone I flicked through Tumblr pretending not to give a damn about who the hell was invading my home.

A cough interrupted my browsing, my eyes rose from my mobile gradually adjusting to the natural light around me. "Lauren this is Daryl, Daryl this is my daughter Lauren" my mother introduced me to the plump individual standing before me, his grey straw like hair was neatly folded to one side and he awkwardly stood with a deep red shirt and black trousers that made him look uncomfortable. "It's lovely to finally meet you, I've heard so much about you" a strong Australian accent filled the room as he held out a hand to shake politely "Yeah, well I wish I could say the same about you" I spoke confidently ignoring the hand he offered. My mum stared disapprovingly as the lad behind 'Daryl' scoffed making his existence known, awkward tension filling the air.

"Right, well this is my son Michael" Daryl addressed the individual who stood towering everyone else awkwardly his hands jammed into a pair of black ripped skinny jeans obviously not caring about being here either. I'd seen him before, on a few occasions, he was in the group at school that nobody spoke to. "Michael Clifford" I nodded. "Lauren Wheeler" he offered back. A few years back my stomach would be doing back flips over the idea that Michael Clifford knew my name, he was dangerous, mysterious and just my type - back then that is.
"I can already see you two getting on, you already have one thing in common" Mum chuckled, Daryl join in. Raising my eyebrows, obviously not following she pointed to her hair. We both have purple hair, haha, so funny, excuse my sarcasm.

"Well why don't you take Michael to the living room and get to know each other" my mum pushed us out of the room closing the door in my face. "Right well, I can definitely tell when I'm not wanted" I murmured under my breath pushing past the skyscraper standing in my way.

"No one's forcing you to like us you know" another Australian accent spoke, lifting my eyes from my phone once again I finally allowed myself to take in the features of the angelic looking individual sat on the opposite sofa. His purple hair was combed to one side and spiked up at the back, his soft green eyes stood out against his pale skin and his pink lips lay firmly placed together in a straight line. "No one's forcing you to be here" I backfired indicating his bored body language. "But at least I can act with a little manners, no need to be so rude" he spat, my eyebrows rose - the boy had some fight, not just a pretty face. "Whatever, I'll be polite just stay out of my way" I smirked mischievously "Stay out of my way, I'll stay out of yours" His words were harsh and bitter but every inch of his face was memorising.