Go

Lauren's POV
I glanced at the clock on the wall, '1:00pm' it read. I slowly closed my eyes deciding on how worried I should feel. 2 hours they had been gone - Daryl and Mum that is -searching the streets, Michael has been missing for 12 hours and I was the last person to have seen him. I had been banished to my room - alone after my mum practically threw Harry out on his return. I want to help search, as much as I hated his guts right now I didn't want him to be found dead in a ditch somewhere.

Staring in the body length mirror that was hung on my wall, I looked at the reflection that stared back at me. I looked like a tramp that had been run over a good few times. My Primark jogging bottoms needed washing, Michael's oversized All Time Low shirt hung loose over my body, my hair needed brushing and my make up was near nonexistent. "You look beautiful" a low voice echoed in the room, I stared in the mirror at the man I could no longer recognise.

His eyes were red, bags hanging low underneath them, his once ironed shirt was now creased and he need a shave. "Are you still drunk?" The lump in my throat formed afraid of what he would do next. "Yeah drunk" he laughed hysterically, standing close to the back of my body, I continued to stare at him through the mirror not recognising him. "Where the hell have you been?" Placing his hands on my hips I flinched as he slowly caressed my waist. "I won't hurt you" He whispered, I choked fresh tears forming in my eyes "Michael you already have" I shook my head as he brought his lips to my neck a soft moan falling from my lips against my will "See, I know you want me" he chuckled again turning my body to face him. Now I got a closer look of him, he looked somewhat different, it was more than just drunkness and exhaustion. Then it suddenly dawned on me, hitting me like a tonne of bricks.

"Are you high?!" I shrieked pushing his body away from mine "baby no" Michael laughed pulling me in again, I held my nose close against his jumper a tear trickling down my face "Liar" I whispered, the smell I had fallen in love with had been replaced by the stench of marijuana. "Baby would I lie to you?" His bottom lip poked out I laughed at his pathetic-ness finally wondering how my mum ever put up with me when I was like this. "Yes" I mumbled, "Where have you been?" I needed to know "Ashton's" he laughed as tears continued to fall. "You think this is funny?" I questioned "oh Lau lighten up a bit it was Ashton's anyway" he chuckled again.

"Lighten up? Lighten up?" I spat "I took cocaine for months because I didn't think marijuana was strong enough anymore, you want me to lighten up when my sole purpose in life was to get my next fix. My whole life suffered and it's still suffering now and you want me to lighten up?" His eyes softened as I lowered my head, ashamed of him. "You knew that and you still did it anyway, so no Michael I will not lighten up" his whole face stood with shock. "Go shower, I'll wash your clothes they stink" I stated not wanting a reply from, he stepped forward arms opening to embrace a hug but I pulled away "No". I felt like a parent who had a disobedient child in her care, I just didn't want Michael to open the door to other drugs. Shamefully walking away with his head lowered to the floor he made his way to the bathroom.

His clothes were laid on a pile on the floor outside the bathroom, I picked up his trousers, shirt and jumper but not before I text my mother telling her to inform Michael's dad he was home and safe. Making my way down to the kitchen I sat in front of the washing machine my head against the cupboard door for stability trying to not give in to the raging monster inside me.

Pulling out the items in Michael's pockets, his phone, a bottle opener, lighter and a packet of tobacco. I threw his clothing into the washer selecting a speed wash. The phone began ringing in my hand a number I didn't recognise, wondering if it was Daryl I slid the accept button across the screen.

"Hello?" The voice was high pitched, defiantly not Daryl "Michael? It's Rhi" I let a small laugh out, desperately wondering what the hell I was supposed to do now. Without saying a word I went to press the decline button on screen "Michael you don't fuck a girl and then ignore her, did your mother never teach you any respect" her cold words spilt through the phone, bringing it up to my mouth I spoke.

"Michael has respect for other people, self respect? Not so much" Rhiannon chuckled down the phone clearly not gathering my insult towards her "Oh Lauren honey, be a sweetie and hand the phone to your brother" I dryly chuckled at her reply. "Honey, I don't think you understood my last remark, let me explain. He has no self respect because he sleeps with hoes like you. Which he only did to score one up against me. So do me a favour and delete this number. Because my boyfriend doesn't want to talk to you" I laughed in a sarcastic manner down the phone before hanging up.

A cough sounded behind me, face palming myself I slowly turn. "Boyfriend?" Michael asks taking the phone I held in my hand. "Sorry" I mumble, why the hell was I apologising, I just found out he slept with Rhiannon. "It's fine, I guess I won't have to explain why I didn't call her back now" I chuckled with him my face falling sad as tension built between us.

"You slept with her?" I questioned, he nodded slowly I wondered if he could keep up with all the lies he told me as he chose to be honest this time. "I'm sorry" He mumbled running his hand through his wet hair. His eyes were still red, but he looked and smelt so much better. I pulled him in, holding his body as close to mine as possible "What are you doing?" He questions lacing his arms around my back. "Letting you go".

"You can't let me go if I don't want to go anywhere" he mumbled into my hair. "Well then you can let me go, please Michael" I cried "Why Lauren?" He pulled out of our hug holding my hands in his.

"Because I love you Michael and I know you don't love me because the hickey on your neck wasn't given to you by me. The intoxication in your bloodstream is something I don't need to be in my life" I pulled my hands from his grasp, my head lowering towards the floor ashamed of my admissions.

"You.. Yo.. You love me?" He stutters as I slowly nod tears forming in both of our eyes "Lauren, Lau, I can't" I slowly smile sadly at his statement. "I know, but I can't help it, so I'm sorry" I take my hand and wipe away his tears as he grabs my hand and place one last small kiss, leaving me empty and alone.