Chapter 9 ; No vacation

Shuhua woke up but feeling the other side of the bed empty made her fully awake.

She frowned when not even a shadow of the older was inside the room but she noticed the note on the bedside table.

The Principal was asking for my presence, you can leave my room by 9 since all of the third year students are probably out by then.

I had a good sleep.

-Soojin

Shuhua smiled as she reads the last one.

Looking at the clock inside the room, it was actually 9:30 already, getting up she fixed the bed before going out of the room.

"I have to send some of the students to Asgon Town to investigate. We have been receiving reports there was a continuos attacks in the area. The others will be here soon." The Principal briefly explained it to Soojin.

The doors opened revealing a girl with ash brown locks.

"Hi I'm Kang Hyewon." Soojin accepted the hand shake but the wooden door opened again revealing Shuhua and Yuqi who was bickering like little kids.

"You two are here now." The Principal greeted the two who just walked in.

"Uncle she's very annoying can't you just not let her come." Shuhua whined while glaring at Yuqi.

Yuqi have been teasing and annoying the hell out of her since she got back inside her room.

Shuhua was startled to see Yuqi inside her room.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Shuhua asks as she opens her closet.

"Where have you been?" Yuqi tried so hard not to laugh at Shuhua.

"I just went out to have some walk." Yuqi arched an eyebrow.

"You just woke up but you're lying already. I've been here since early in the morning you little liar." Yuqi laughed so hard seeing Shuhua's reaction.

"Why are you here actually?" Shuhua diverted the topic as she doesn't want to tell it to Yuqi not now.

"Well your uncle sent me a letter that he needs us to his office immediately."

But Yuqi was still bugging Shuhua on where the younger was the whole night.

"Uncle?" Soojin and Hyewon both said at the same time. "I'm surprised that you haven't had any idea when in fact we share the same surname and of course good face, you know it runs in the family?" Shuhua shrugged her shoulders.

"But you know I can't let Yuqi not go with you right?" The Principal chuckled when the door opened again revealing six other students.

"Kino, I want you to take charge on this since you're higher than them." The Principal firmly said.

"The horses have been prepared, you'll be staying at a house there near the town until the investigation is finally done." he added.

"Wait are we not going to have a vacation?" Yuqi dramatically asks making Shuhua to smack her head. "It's obvious you idiot."

"They prepared horses but the horse is for two people. Is your uncle kidding us?" Yuqi stared at the horses in front of them.

"Let's go so we can finish this as soon as possible." Shuhua yelled.

"Rock"

"Paper"

"Scissors"

Kino yelled as all of them brought out their hands.

They continued on to choose who they will ride with.

"This might not be that bad at all then." Shuhua muttered as she helps Soojin up on the horse.

"Are you all ready?" Kino asks as he looks around, seeing that everybody was already ready he went off to take the lead.

Meanwhile Soojin was a blushing mess, she can feel Shuhua's hot breath on her shoulder every time the horse jumps.

'Calm yourself.' she mentally said to herself.

She looks around only to see Soyeon arching an eyebrow at her.

"You're so red." Soyeon mouthed to Soojin embarrassing the girl even more.

Shuhua smiled having Soojin with her.

The town wasn't that far from the university but the house they are going to stay is also not far from the university. Shuhua helped Soojin on getting down.

"We're going to stay here?" Miyeon asks eyeing the house in front of them.

"This looks like a haunted house to me." Yuqi blurted out.

But like they say don't judge a book by its cover.

The outside of the house was totally the opposite of what's inside.

The house was huge just enough for them, it was beautiful in the inside. They never imagined that this will be grand.

"Okay so I checked the everything inside this house, it's perfect for us and it has five rooms only since this is just a transient house that the wizards uses when in need only." Kino explained.

"So whoever your partner is right now will be the ones who you will share a room with except for Samuel. Hyewon the room at the hall will be your room, Samuel will stay with us." Kino added making Hyewon to let out a sigh of relief.

"We'll go out by afternoon for now you can all have a rest for before we begin our work."

Shuhua opened the door widely letting Soojin go inside first.

"I'll sleep on the floor, you can stay on the bed." Shuhua said as she sat on the floor, she wasn't tired so she was just leaning on the wall while seated.

'Is she avoiding me?' Soojin thought when she remembered how Shuhua's arms were wrapped around her waist tightly when she woke up.

She laid down on the bed.

Shuhua was watching every movement of the girl.

She doesn't want to let herself get lost and be defeated by her irrational thoughts.

They both know that this so called investigation will be more than that and Shuhua is looking forward to it.

But something is stopping her.

Even though she was aware that of what they really are but the older is still clueless.

'I hope you'll let me in.' Shuhua stared at Soojin.

There are things that were yet to be told and she honestly wants to forget her past to become the good leader someday with a certain girl beside her.