Chapter 24 ; Bad guy

Alone inside her room those mixed emotions inside her confuses her.

The worried expression on Shuhua's face was still on her mind.

Soojin will never forgive her for what her family did to us. The thought of that stupid agreement made her laugh. They are evil, horrible and merciless.

Two days ago...

Soojin stared at the things inside her sister's room. It was empty, her bed was only plain white. The frames were gone.

'Why is this empty?' she asks herself as she hurriedly went down to ask her mother about it but she saw her standing while looking at their family picture.

She felt like there is something that she needs to know. Their odd behaviors whenever she ask about her sister and her grandfather. She hope that it is not what she is thinking.

"Mother." she called out to her, walking to where she is. Her eyes showed a different kind of emotion. It was full of pain and sadness but a smile was plastered on her face.

"Why is Yejin's room almost empty?"  doesn't want to go run into circles so asking it straight will be good. Her smile faltered and she knows something is wrong.

Life doesn’t always go the way we plan it, and a sudden change can affect your  emotional wellbeing.

Human beings think about the impact and inevitability of death throughout much of their lives. 

As people continue aging, they gradually learn to accept the eventual deaths of loved ones, as well as their own deaths. By later adulthood, most people come to accept perhaps with some tranquility if they feel they have lived meaningfully the inevitability of their own demise, which prompts them to live day by day and make the most of whatever time remains.

If they do not feel they have lived meaningfully, older adults may react to impending death with feelings of bitterness or even passivity.

Death and Life are inseparable.

The life and the death are the eternal themes that exist in spiritual culture of the humanity.

The words life and death completely depend on each other it's not understandable to fathom them separately. As you simply understand, what is a life with death, it's also important to know what's the death without life. As every thing has their opposites, for instance night and day, white and black, so existence of death, makes us understand the meaning of life. 

"Let's wait for your father to come down. It's almost dinner." It wasn't the answer that Soojin wanted to hear from her mother. "Mother where is Yejin?" asking a different question her mother was frozen as if it was like a question that she doesn't want to answer.

"Like I said let's wait for your father to come down." Her mother went ahead to the dining hall as she was left baffled.

'Was there something that happened that she wasn't aware of?'

Soojin still followed her mother as she takes a sit, both were waiting for the King patiently and when he showed up he noticed the atmosphere was different.

The face of her older daughter was not something he would like to see. Soojin was serious. Two of the people that she cares the most is oddly out of the town.

She knows how Yejin hates travelling without her.

"We should tell her." the statement of her mother caught her attention. She looks at the two with the most piercing eyes. Trying to read them.

She took a deep breath before asking the same question but now to her father.

"Where is Yejin and grandfather?" the seriousness of her voice made the whole place silent that even the handmaids stopped for a moment feeling like they should get out to give the family some space to talk.

"They are both out of town." Soojin slammed her hand on the table that startled her mother. "Seo Soojin." the stern voice of the king didn't stopped Soojin.

"Tell me the truth. I don't want to hear any single lie coming out from both of your mouth." The Kind lowered her head as tears streamed down on his face.

Soojin's widened her eyes she have never witnessed her father cry. "They're gone." with furrowed eyebrows Soojin look at her mother for further information.

But at the same time she wished she just didn't ask for it at all.

"Yejin and your grandfather is dead Soojin~ah."

Those words keeps on ringing inside her head. She wasn't mad, sad or what.

She felt numb.

She felt lost.

"W-hen?" she managed to say as she finds it hard to breath at every second that she's here. "It was a year ago when we were going to visit the town. We were in a separate carriage, your sister was with your grandfather at that time. They were left behind because Yejin keeps on throwing tantrums saying that she isn't gonna come without her favorite unnie but me and your father was needed at the town for urgent call." Soojin listened not wanting to interrupt.

"But the agenda was done but your sister and grandfather didn't came. We were worried but we were devastated seeing your sister's body lifeless beside your grandfather. They were killed by Yeh Xian's right hand. We concluded the reason behind it and it was because we called off the agreement. A few months before that your grandfather has convinced us to call of the agreement for so many reasons and seeing it with our own eyes made us to finally call it off but the Yeh family was displeased by it." The mention of the Yeh's somewhat clenched Soojin's heart.

"But we were glad that we called it off because we don't want you to suffer from their hands. I don't want to see you lifeless also."

Soojin heard a knock from the door, standing up she was welcomed by Soyeon who was smiling at her.

"You're here again?" Soojin chuckled but Soyeon can see a different aura behind it. "Well I was with Miyeon and we were invited to her house for a dinner the principal had already given the permission." Soyeon took her time to study Soojin's expression.

But it seems like the girl was good at hiding it.

"I'll come then, what time are we going?" Soojin's voice was filled with excitement.