Chapter 23 ; What happened?

Shuhua was standing by the front gate of the university waiting for Soojin's arrival. Two weeks have come by so fast that Shuhua didn't even notice.

"Hey still waiting?" Yuqi appeared suddenly. Shuhua's been waiting for a whole three hours. Her uncle informed her yesterday that Soojin would be arriving by morning this day but it's almost lunch time but Soojin is still not here.

Shuhua didn't answer Yuqi but their attention was caught by a panting horseman.

And if Shuhua remembered it correctly it was the same horseman that was assigned to Soojin by her uncle.

"Are you alright?" Shuhua noticed some bruises on the man's arms and his clothes was dirty and ripped. The man teared up as she catches his breath. "I'm alright but Ms. Seo Soojin is still there. Some hooded people ambushed us. The carriage is not that far from here."

Yuqi immediately run to get some help. "Inform Mr. Yeh right now. I'll go check there." Shuhua turned around and was met by the other guard and handed her a horse.

Soojin felt like her head would burst from too much pain she can't even open her eyes. Touching her forehead slightly, she felt a  sticky liquid.

Trying to move her leg aches so she decided to just stay at her position. Breathing hard it was like she was losing oxygen second by seconds.

She can hear something but couldn't decipher what it is.

Maybe it was too late.

They didn't foresee this.

All that Shuhua could see were blood.

Pool of blood.

The sun was blazing under them as she kneels down. There weren't any sign of life. She can't revive a person back to life.

She felt useless.

The image of Soojin cover with dirt and blood that she couldn't even recognize the older. "I should've known there was something wrong." Shuhua mumbled as she hugs the lifeless body of Soojin.

Soon enough Yuqi came into the scene, she couldn't move as she watch how Shuhua was crying so hard. She never saw Shuhua cried this hard.

'What happened?'

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY🤡)