Chapter 19 ; The Seo's

Soojin arrived safely to her home.

Seeing the golden gate in front of her it's been a long time since she came back here. The maids eventually recognized Soojin as they helped her with her things.

The massive wooden doors opened that brought a smile to her.

"Mother." Soojin run to hug her mother tightly. "I missed you our princess." Soojin almost forgot about it. Her real identity.

"Where is father and grandfather?" Soojin was so excited to see them after a long time. It's been a year and a half since then when she visited her home.

"Your father is upstairs inside his office, your grandfather is out of the town." hearing the news from her mother it saddened her as she was looking forward to tell all of what she experience for this year to her grandfather who supported her along the way.

"Go and take a rest first inside your room. Dinner will be prepared shortly." Soojin nodded her head as she heads upstairs.

Nothing was change inside their house but she noticed something. Some pictures were taken down and those pictures were the pictures of her grandfather.

But why would they take it down.

Soojin entered her room. 'Nothing change inside here.' she thought as she looks around the room. It was still the same as she left it.

The sun had fully set as she stares outside her window. The garden was still the same. It brought a smile to her.

Laying on her bed she remembered what Shuhua said. 'No not tonight, maybe tomorrow.' Soojin shook her head. She can't just throw a lot of questions to her parents right now and she also just arrived back home.

She shrugged all of her thoughts aside first regarding Shuhua.

The door opened slightly. "Young lady your father and mother are already at the dining hall waiting for you." Soojin furrowed her eyebrows not hearing her sister's name.

"Where's Yejin?" The head maid froze on her place at the mentioned name. Soojin didn't even notice that she wasn't welcomed by her sister earlier.

"She's not here young lady, your grandfather took her with him."

===

As they were all seated, eating silently as ever that it was almost deafening for Soojin. She put her utensils down. This wasn't what she was expecting.

Her sister wasn't here to welcome her warmly, she didn't received a warm hug from her younger sister.

Her grandfather wasn't also here to listen to all of her stories.

The house was completely different from the way it used to be and Soojin just realized it now seeing her mother and father not talking at all.

It was like they didn't even seem to care about each other's presence.

The usual dinner talks weren't present. Where her father would attentively listen to her.

Her mother that would always encourage her to speak.

She knows something is not right.

"Finish your food Soojin, your food is running cold." she glanced at her father who was smiling at her with sad eyes but why would he be sad. "Yes father." Soojin obeyed as she finishes her food.

Spoon after spoon, bite after bite. She drank her water before wiping her lips.

"Wake up early tomorrow we'll be horse riding by the foot of the mountain." Soojun tilted her head as she watch her father walk up the stairs.

She sighed at her current situation right now.

The Seo's are known for being the smart leaders. People may see them as cold hearted persons but they have contributed a lot of things.

They've faced hardships and even now they are still.

Seo Soojin is the current heir for the throne but they haven't talked about that yet not until she finishes her studies.

Their intentions are pure and real but they can be the most scariest enemy that you wouldn't wish to come across with.

Walking down the basement she closed the door behind her. She gazed at everything that was inside. It wasn't her first time being inside the basement.

Lighting the lamp by the corner.

She smiled seeing the paintings. She doesn't like to paint, it was all her grandfather's paintings rather she have always enjoyed taking pictures. At the other side of the wall she can see frames hanging by it.

Gently grazing her finger to each and one of it she remembers when and how she took it.

===

"We should tell her." The King turned around to face her wife, her queen. "Not now that she just arrived, let's take things slowly." King Seo Shin Hyun muttered.

"She'll be devastated by it and I don't want her to grieve while she's here." he added.

It's been a year since a devastating chapter in their life happened and he can't accept the fact that it turned out like this.

He will not let her daughter suffer from the same hands.

They both heard a knock as the huge wooden door was opened slightly revealing the head butler. "Young lady was inside the basement just now and we have cleared the spot just like you said before she came." The head butler lowered his head waiting for the King's response.

"Keep those things hidden for the mean time. You may go now." The head butler bow down in respect before leaving the room.

'One of this days I will let you know the truth but not now my daughter. Not now that I can see so much joy in those eyes of yours.'

===

The world is cruel but beautiful. You can never know when or how you will be at paradise.

Soojin clenched her fist as she stared at herself on the mirror.

There may be a lot of things that have happened that she didn't know up until now and she wants to know what has been going on around her homeland.