Chapter 29 ; After she left

The whole place seems to not know that a certain Yeh Shuhua was once with them.

The professors didn't talked about it or even mention it.

Though some students noticed Shuhua's absence. It's been quite awhile now since then. Soojin decided to let the events go with how her life will flow eventually.

S O O J I N -

Being alone feels even more empty when you’ve experienced what it’s like to be completely filled with joy. My world feels empty, like I’m standing in a burnt down field where no flower lies for miles and I am alone with no sense of direction. As I forget what it feels like to be held by you I further lose my sense of reality and I hope this is all a dream.

I never thought about what would happen if you left because I truthfully never thought I’d see the day. 

Even though I said I wouldn't follow you but it feels like I've lost my other half.

It's been months since I've learned about the truth, the truth that you weren't really involved in my grandfather and sister's death.

Your uncle approached me a few weeks after you left and told me what happened.

I wish I could see you right now.

"Soojin unnie are you okay?" Yuqi came into sight as I heaved out a sigh. "I'm okay." but something caught my attention. "Oh yeah I just came from the town with Soyeon just awhile ago and the guards handed this to me. They said someone left it at there post with your name written on it." I look at the seemingly harmless small box.

My hand found it's way to the necklace that Shuhua gave me. This was the last thing that she left to me.

I found it inside my drawer that day.

It’s crazy to think that a heart could feel so empty and fragile. Even the excited and giddy girl in me feels like she no longer belongs in this world. She feels alienated and abandoned. She feels alone and admits that this world is a lot scarier than she remembers.

You were such a big part of who I was that I feel like the world I live in today has no endless skies and shooting stars, only an abyss of black void and long roads of heartache.

===

'Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.'

Go there.

Imagine the loss. You’ve been there haven’t you?

The Earth stopped spinning.

The Sun will never again rise in the east.

The nights are grueling, longer then they ever seemed to be.

You’ve been cut open, wounded and left vulnerable to the winds of change and uncertainty.

She left, you lost her. The one person who fills your cup and makes this world a little more habitable.

We’re already told enough in our world how we’re inadequate and “less than.” You don’t need to bring that into what’s suppose to be a safe haven.

Love the station of where your relationship exists. Embrace it for all that is unique about it. Don’t look to other relationships as a barometer for success in your own.

Accept that and you’ll be just fine. Fight it and you’ll be swiping left again soon enough. Trust me.

Relationships are pendulous in nature. Change is the only constant in life and it will exact itself on your relationship.

Life acts upon us to an extent and changes the availability we have for love.

How ironic is it to say that Soojin felt like what she and Shuhua have shared was somewhat what people in a relationship is going through when in reality they haven't really been romantically together.

There were shared kisses that she misses, those warm cuddles and Shuhua's arms wrapped around her like the younger was securing her that whatever happens she'll be always there.

She is always wondering of what actually Shuhua is doing, if the younger is actually eating properly or even getting enough sleep.

Half a year without Shuhua makes her crazy.

There were no promises.

No promises that if they ever meet each other again they'd be together.

The rooftop was her escape place.

"It's nice seeing you here." Soojin was quite startled. She turned around to face the manly voice.

"It is also nice seeing you here Mr. Yeh." Soojin softly smiles as she turn her gaze back to the green scenery.

"Still missing that kid?" Soojin chuckled at how the man would always address Shuhua as a kid. "Well I would be lying if I said that I am not." Soojin's soft smile was still there but her eyes were filled with sadness.

"I want you to stop missing the kid." Soojin furrowed her eyebrows, ever since Shuhua left she have been close with her uncle.

"Why?" she asks confused to why would the man say that to her.

"Just because." Soojin sighed she concluded that Shuhua and her uncle are just the same, maybe it really runs in their blood.

"By the way, there are no classes tomorrow so tag others along, we'll be going somewhere."

Soojin crossed her arms over her chest as she stares at the small box that was on her table.

She haven't opened it yet and she really isn't planning to but she was curious to what was inside the small box.

"I hope it really is harmless." Soojin mumbled to herself as she slowly take the box.

Opening it carefully, she was surprised to see a pair of earrings inside. "Okay?" she touched the earring but something caught her attention.

When her eyes landed on the small paper placed under the box.

I hope you'll wear it when we meet again.

Soojin furrowed her eyebrows as those words were still registering inside her head.

She placed the paper down, taking the earrings out of the box, she widened her eyes seeing the name of the girl that she's been yearning to see.

-From Yeh Shuhua

===
The last chapter will be dropped tomorrow and don't worry there is still so much to come though.

Stay safe