Chapter 11 ; River

The others woke up a little early.

"We found a river not far from here and we would like to check it out and have a dip." Shuhua heard the conversation between Soyeon and Nicha.

"I'll come with you two." Shuhua was surprised to hear that Nicha agreed.

"Hey what are you doing there?" Shuhua turned around and saw Yuqi who just probably woke up. "Nothing, I was just about to go down." Shuhua casually answers as the two both got down to greet the others.

"Good morning." Yuqi greeted the others but she noticed that some weren't downstairs.

"Kino oppa and Yanna oppa went out so early to check the town and he said that we can have this day to roam around the place, Miyeon and I saw a river not far from here. Do you want to join us?" Soyeon asks.

Yuqi's mind was clouded with thoughts imagining herself going to the river.

But before Yuqi can answer Shuhua answered for her. 

"She'll join you, I mean she'll join." Shuhua let out a laugh as Yuqi pinched her waist.

"Aren't you going to come with us?" Nicha asks Shuhua. "Nah, I'll just stay here." she gave them a smile. "Okay." 

Shuhua walk up the stairs as she opens the door of their room, Soojin was still sleeping.

She stand near the window and saw the others already walking out of the house. It's been a long time since she had a good sleep.

She smiled remembering how flustered Soojin was last night.

Maybe when the time is right, she'll have the courage to say it to the older but for now she'll let the Seo's to handle it besides it was an agreement between the two families.

Shuhua wasn't even born yet the agreement was already made.

She missed her family and home but now it wasn't her home she can never call it home again knowing that a monster is inside.

She was worried.

Deeply.

'How is her mother?'

'Is her father hurting them?'

'Did her father really didn't care about what she would feel?'

Those are some of the questions that was buried inside her.

Ever since she runaway from home, it was like a new chapter of her life, a new beginning and a new person.

It was like she was reborn again.

With the help of her uncle she learned how to stood up for herself and for others.

She isn't seeking for revenge she just wants her father to respect her decision for now because she knows to herself that she really can't runaway forever.

She'll be back when the time is right.

S O O J I N -

I slowly opened my eyes as I sleepily tap the side of the bed but the cold sheets of it welcomed me instead.

"Looking for me?" I turned to look at who it was.

She was standing near the window smiling at me. "No." I denied as I stood up to check on the others but before I can even get out of the room she spoke up once again.

"Everybody is out I mean not all, Kino and Yannan oppa are out to the town while Nicha, Miyeon, Yuqi and Soyeon were headed to the river. I don't know where Hyewon and Samuel are." Shuhua turned to my direction.

"If you're going out, tell me." I was sure that for a split second I saw something in her eyes it changed in color for some reasons.

"Let's follow them to the river." I look outside of the window and the sun was about to rise. It was quite early.

"What?" I giggled at how cute she would furrow her eyebrows. Her dark long hair and fair skin suits her really well.

"I mean I don't go out that much so I just wanna see the river." I reasoned out she was silent for a moment before squinting her eyes at me before letting out a chuckle.

"Okay." sometimes I don't really understand her. It was like a moment ago I knew her inside and out then the next moment she was like a new person.

"Oh and don't forget to bring some spare clothes, you might get wet." I blushed at her words as I walked past her.

Maybe if it wasn't Shuhua I might've felt uncomfortable by now.

Riding a horse like this.

I can smell her scent, her chin was on my shoulder her face was literally only centimeters away from me.

I took a deep breath trying to relax myself. It's not like I like her or what.

Do I really not?

The slightest touch of their skin makes her nervous. I can feel her lips slightly brushing on my ear.

I just hope that this mission will be over soon, I want to go home and ask my parents the questions that's been on my mind.

"I thought you aren't joining?" Yuqi arched an eyebrow at Shuhua. "Wait how did you two find us?" Soyeon asks.

"I have my senses." Shuhu casually answered as she helps me get down of the horse. "Thank you." I said in my tiniest voice.

"Always Welcome."

I saw Miyeon unnie waa dipped in the water with Nicha unnie. I've always noticed how Nicha unnie would get worried for Miyeon unnie.

"Don't mind those two." I was startled hearing Yuqi's voice. Yuqi was still fully dressed but Soyeon was already on her undergarments only ready to join the other two in the water.

"Isn't cold?" I ask but my eyes were on Shuhua who was calmly sitting on the grass with our things beside her.

"No it was definitely warm." Yuqi exclaimed.

"Aren't you gonna join us in the water?" I ask Shuhua, she didn't even look at me or at least glance at me. "No." She look up and directly stared at me.

I'm embarrassed standing in front of her only in my undergarments so to avoid it I decided to just leave her alone as I notice that she wasn't really in the mood.

===

"She's gonna be the death of me?" Shuhua whispered to herself as she watch Soojin and the others.