Chapter 22 ; Yeh Lynqi

Soojin and her father just arrived as they hand their horses to the head butler to take care of it.

Walking inside the house it was quiet like there isn't even a single soul inside but Soojin snapped her head towards the door of the kitchen hearing her mother's frustrated voice.

Opening the door she saw the cooks with their eyes on the floor.

"Where are they? It is almost lunch and they are still not here." Soojin shook her head, her mother can be nicest person but her mother can also be a scary one when she's inside the kitchen.

The back door of the kitchen suddenly opens revealing an old lady with a small little girl beside her. They were both panting.

"Lady Jin we are sorry, we took a long time to come back." Soojin smiled before walking towards them. "It's okay go and do your work." Soojin softly said before turning to meet her mother's gaze.

"Mother please don't scold them, and you might want to greet father first, he's by the garden taking a rest." Soojin gave her mother a hug.

Once her mother was out of the kitchen the cooks bow to her before proceeding on cooking their lunch. Studying the whole kitchen, it's been so long since she's been inside a kitchen.

Looking around she spotted the little girl from awhile ago.

It was her first time seeing the girl inside the palace. Going near her, the girl was just sitting at the corner while busy looking at the people inside the kitchen walk around.

"Hey." Soojin reached out as she levels herself to the girl. The little girl's eyes were sparkling while looking at her.

===

"You might already know me but I still want to introduce myself to you not as the princess but as an older sister." The little girl look up letting those words get inside of her.

They sat at a bench near the fountain. Soojin can see her mother and father from afar talking but she teared her eyes off from then as she focuses on the girl beside her.

"I'm Soojin, what's your name?"

"Aki Nanami." just by her name Soojin knew she wasn't from here but before she can even ask more the kid spoke up again. "My mother is japanese but my father is korean." Aki added up beaming a smile to Soojin.

"Well it's nice to meet you Aki."

Both of Soojin's parents were looking at the two that was eating peacefully together.

"Aren't you Aki Nanami? The granddaughter of Ms. Lee." King Shin Hyun asks curious to why Soojin invited the kid to eat with them though it wasn't a problem at all.

It's always been nice to eat with people.

"She is." Soojin answered in behalf of the little girl. The King smiled at how Soojin was looking after the girl.

After the lovely lunch, Soojin decided to play with Aki since her father was busy while her mother was at the town to check.

===

Meanwhile Shuhua and Yuqi were again at the gate of the university to see someone off.

Shuhua just stared at Yuqi who keeps on throwing cheesy lines to the older.

She turned around not wanting to see a sinful sight in front of her, even the guards were flustered on how the two were making out in front of them.

"I know it's hard to send someone off but can you two please stop." Shuhua couldn't take it anymore when she heard Soyeon moaning.

The two chuckled when they witnessed how Shuhua's cheeks turned red.

Shuhua sighed. "But have a nice trip back home unnie." Shuhua hug the older one waving her hand in the air. When the carriage was already gone she heard Yuqi sniffing. 'Don't tell me this idiot is crying?'

Tilting her head, Yuqi was bawling her eyes out. 'Why am I even friends with this dramatic idiot? It's not like she isn't gonna see Soyeon anymore.' Shuhua decided to leave her dramatic idiot friend at the front gate.

"YAH WAIT UP." Yuqi yelled when she noticed that Shuhua wasn't at her side anymore.

Finally catching up with the younger, Shuhua glanced at her friend that was panting basically out of breath.

"Why did you suddenly leave me there?" Yuqi questioned as she catches her breath. "Just because." Shuhua shrugged her shoulders not giving the other a proper answer.

"You're such a pain in the ass." The Beijing girl hissed.

"At least I'm not a dramatic idiot like you."

The two started to bicker with each other up until they reach the lobby of the dormitory not noticing that someone was waiting for them.

"Shuhua."

Just by the voice of the person, Shuhua knew better even Yuqi was surprised to see the person in front of them right now.

"Mother." Shuhua didn't waste any time as she runs to hug her mother although she wished that her older sister was also here to visit her.

"I missed you." Shuhua added and all that Yuqi can do is watch them but she decided to greet Shuhua's mother.

"You two have grown so much." Shuhua's mother Yeh Lynqi muttered.

"I'm not here to stay or visit. I'm here to send a message to you Shuhua." she added.

"Whatever it is I'm here to listen to it." Shuhua responded as waits for her mother to continue her words. "Shuhua please come back home, the people of Taiwan is suffering from your father's hand and even your sister who's the one sitting right now on the throne is also suffering." Shuhua's face harden.

"It isn't my fault, he should be responsible for it. What is grandfather even doing? Letting all of it unfold in front of his eyes. Even if I want to, I still can't come back." Shuhua lowered her head.

She wants to save the people who's suffering but she still can't. She's still the same Shuhua who's afraid of uncertainty, the same Shuhua who is a coward.

Yuqi was just listening to their conversation, she was deep in thought.

But Shuhua's mother eventually gave up on persuading Shuhua as she knows her daughter won't give in to her.

"Then if you still can't, it's okay. We'll do our best to take back the lost happiness in Taiwan for now I want you to prepare yourself when the time is right, I'll come back to get you."