Chapter 20 ; Just like the old times

Soojin woke up early just like what her father just said to her last night.

The sun was almost rising, getting up from her bed the door opened revealing the maids holding her clothes.

"Your father is already downstairs young lady."

"Whoever gets to that tree first wins." the twelve years old Soojin accepted the challenge of her grandfather.

"Father she's just a kid, she might fall on the process." King Shin Hyun protested, he doesn't want her daughter to get hurt.

"Shin don't worry and besides how can she improve if she won't fall and after all she's your daughter and she's a Seo. She can do it right Soojin~ah?" Soojin nodded her head enthusiastically ready to show her father that he doesn't have to worry about her at all.

After all she's a Seo.

As the sun was blazing down on them, they started to race forward to know who the winner is.

Halfway to her destination, her horse suddenly started acting up as she grips on it tighter to not let herself fall but then again she wasn't that strong enough.

She fell onto the ground as her grandfather immediately stopped on his tracks to check on Soojin. The King shook his head, running to her daughter.

But the King was surprised at Soojin's attitude. The twelve year old Soojin laughed so hard that tears started to fall at the corner of her eyes from too much laughter.

Even if her body hurts she was still laughing.

"Come on your mother will scold us later if she found out about this." Soojin chuckled before pointing at the back of her father. "Mother is just behind you father." Soojin smiled at her mother who was with her younger sister.

Despite her aching back and leg she still stood up to welcome her younger sister with a warm hug.

"Yejin~ah." The three elderly look at the two, "She's growing up so fast Shin." The King smiled.

"Soojin come on." Soojin snapped out of her thoughts as she follows her father outside of their house. The horses were already waiting for them.

"How's the university? Are you doing well there?" The King asks as she helps her daughter mount on the horse. "It's great I've made some new friends and of course I'm doing well." The King smiled as he mounts on his own horse.

"Then if you're really doing well there, beat me to a horse race the first to reach the foot of the mountain wins." Just like the old times Soojin nodded accepting the challenge from her father.

Though it was her grandfather who challenged her first before.

Lost in her own thoughts she didn't notice that her father was already racing forward. "I thought you're doing well, catch up my daughter." Soojin looks ahead and saw her father not far from her.

Galloping a little faster she starts to catch up with her father.

===

Staring at the clear blue sky Soojin smiled.

"By the way father when is Yejin and grandfather coming back?" The King froze at the sudden question. Glancing at her daughter he cleared his throat composing himself.

"It might take long before they get back. They are not coming back Soojin~ah." Soojin didn't catch up on what her father last said.

"You said you made new friends then can we meet them? You've been only friends with Soyeon even before you entered the university. Can you give me a little introduction of who they are? I might know them through their family name." King Shin Hyun said beaming a smile at her daughter.

He wants to meet them, seeing her daughter come back smiling at them there might be changes on why her daughter seems to be happy.

"Well I've made friends with two who's higher than me and Soyeon. Nicha Yontararak is from a royalty in Thailand and the other is Cho Miyeon from a powerful family. Those two are always together since they are the same age just like me and Soyeon. Then there's this two who's a year lower than us they are both second year students. Song Yuqi is from China, I don't actually know much about Yuqi since she really don't talk much about her family but I can say that she's from a well off and high family too and last but not the least Yeh Shuhua." Just by the said name the Kind halted on his place.

'A part of the Yeh's.'

"Wait she's a second year student?" Soojin tilted her bead before answering. "Ah yes." The King nodded. 

'That means that kid wasn't involved if she's a second year student she's been here for just two years and I  highly doubt that she's involved. I've met her before and I know she isn't a kid like that though she might have not remember me since she was just a little kid back then.'

"She has a long black hair and fair skin. She's connected with the principal and owner of the university Yeh Liam. All I know is that the Yeh's are ruling the entire Taiwan." Soojin continued.

"Well that's true the Yeh's are the ruler of Taiwan." Soojin realized that this maybe the time for her to ask those unanswered questions that's been inside her mind.

She mustered up her courage as she started.

"Father what are the Yeh's to us? Are we perhaps connected to them especially me?" with furrowed eyebrows the King swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Why do you ask?" he decided to observe Soojin and her reaction. "It's just that there was this one time that Shuhua was punished and she was stuck to me for the whole day to assist me. I was practicing the technique that mother taught me and when I successfully made the black hole Shuhua jumped inside so I don't have any other choice but to follow her besides it'll be my responsibility if she ever gets stuck inside a black hole." Soojn paused for a second contemplating whether to continue or just dropped the topic.

But noticing that her father was waiting for her to continue her words she decided to continue.

"It was a hundred years ago from Taiwan, we happened to come across with mother and her grandmother and her own mother. They were talking but we were quite far away from them so we really can't understand what they were talking about but we saw them writing something on a huge rock so out of curiosity when they left I checked it."

Soojin glanced at her father studying his face.

The surprised reaction from her father just confirmed it that they do know something about it.

"I know that you know what is written there father. Now tell me what is that all about. I badly want to know what it really means. I asked Shuhua about it but she refused to answer my question and told me to let you and mother to tell it to me instead."

It was like the world slowed down as the wind blew slowly.

The way Soojin's hair was swaying along with the wind, she waited for her father's response.

"It was an agreement between the Yeh and Seo family."