Chapter 23 ; She's back

Days passed by so fast.

Two weeks have passed by so fast that Shuhua can't even grasp that's it's been two weeks since then.

S H U H U A -

I stood by the front of this huge gate waiting for Soojin to arrive. Today will be Soojin's arrival.

But it's been three hours since I've been waiting here. 'Maybe she's coming back by the afternoon? but uncle said that Soojin will be arriving in the morning.'

I place my hands inside my coat's pocket as I wait for Soojin.

My heart is beating so fast right now and I don't even know why it's beating so fast.

'I'm not sick am I?' I shrugged my thoughts off as I patiently wait but my hands are getting sweaty.

My hands only sweat when I'm nervous. Why am I even nervous? It's not like I did something wrong.

Maybe I'm really nervous, nervous to hear what her response and reaction after all I know she had talked with her parents already.

I felt an arm being wrapped around my neck and there I saw Yuqi who was smiling so widely at me. She and Soyeon arrived together last night.

"Is Soojin unnie still not here?" I shook my head as a response releasing a sigh. "You've been waiting here for the last three hours." she added.

"I don't care about that as long as she arrive safely here then everything is fine." I answered genuinely as she accompanies me to wait for Soojin.

From a afar I can see a carriage, the corner of my lips turned upward knowing that it's her inside. "I'll go for now, I'll probably be dead if I'm not yet there. Greet Soojin unnie for me." I nodded relieved that I can somehow have some time for us only. 

I started to tap foot on the ground and as soon as the carriage stopped just beside me, I signalled the horseman that I'll be the one opening the door. 

I opened it revealing the girl that I was looking forward to see today but the smile on my face faltered seeing not even a single emotion on her face. 'Did something happened?' I ask myself. I offered my hand to her to assist her on going down. She looked at my hand for a moment before going down by herself. 

'She ignored me.'

'She ignored me'

'She ignored me'

I pushed my thoughts aside as I put on a small smile. "How was your vacation?" I ask excited to hear what happened in her whole two weeks. "Why do you even want to know?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her sudden treatment towards me and as much as I remembered I didn't do anything that could possibly upset her. 

'Maybe she was mad that I suddenly kissed her when she was about to leave.' I thought as I was about to apologize she suddenly turned around and face me, those brown orbs it doesn't show the same warm feeling that I've used to look at. Her cold treatment was something I didn't expect. "Can you leave me alone?" though it sounded like a question to me I felt like it was a statement telling me to leave not a statement asking me to leave.

I sighed heavily, I don't like the image of an upset Soojin lingering in my head. "Can you please tell me what I did wrong, for you to act like this?" I softly ask feeling like I'm walking in a land full of bombs. 

"You really have the audacity to ask me that? Why don't you ask yourself and your damn family? What you did wrong? You should know it in the first place." she left me confused. 

'What did I do?'

'What did my family do?'

===

Shuhua's been inside her uncle's office for an hour now but the younger isn't saying anything. "Tell me what happened? You're not just gonna barge in here and not talk. This isn't very you at all." he sat beside her niece.

"How is Taiwan right now?" quite surprised by the question he still answered truthfully. "Honestly it isn't really in a good shape at all and I think your father, my brother is the cause of it." Shuhua sighed she still doesn't know why Soojin was so cold to her. 

'Maybe she just had a bad morning.' Shuhua tried convincing herself. 

"Can you do me a favor uncle?" Shuhua glanced at her uncle. 

"Where have you been? I've been looking for you all over the place. Soyeon was with Soojin just awhile ago and you weren't there." Yuqi suddenly popped out of nowhere startling the taiwanese girl who's lost in thoughts as of the moment.

Shuhua was sitting quietly by the grass field analyzing the situation she's in right now. If she did something wrong she would know it definitely but now she is clueless. She isn't sure if her family did something wrong again and she isn't gonna jump into conclusion until she confirms it.

Having the help of her uncle she hopes that she'll get the answers to her questions.

"I just want Soojin unnie to have a rest first." Shuhua lied knowing that Soojin won't tell what happened earlier to the others. "By the way Miyeon unnie is inviting us to their home this evening for a dinner, everyone is coming. Miyeon unnie said that she already asked the principal for permission so it's all set. Are you going to come?" 

"I think I will pass for now but do tell Miyeon unnie my regards to her family." Shuhua stood up but Yuqi prevented her from going. "Are you okay?" Shuhua smiled but Yuqi knew better. "If you aren't gonna come then I won't also, you know you can always tell me anything right?" Shuhua sat down again as she leans her head to Yuqi's shoulder.

From afar Soyeon was actually watching the two and instead of being jealous she was quite worried hearing it. She was currently with Miyeon.

 'Something is not right.'