24th. Failure

I don't own this song. Go and subscribe or like 'Mellow' on YouTube and Follow RHODES for their masterpiece!(^ω^)
Don't start the song until I say! (☆ω☆)
And yes, this chapter consists 3k+ words, again.
____________________

.

*Reader's p.o.v*

'This is bad. . . really bad.'

I glanced around the white space of nothingness except the 'Elf boss' in front of me who was now beginning to overpower me with his Light magic that I can't dodge anymore.

My breathing was uneven as my vision was starting to get blurry but I was trying my best to keep myself composed but it seemed like he saw through my cracking mask. 'Dammit! I should've stayed calm. I'm in trouble now!'

"Why princess? You don't look good. You're incapable of fighting me in your current condition. Here, let me help you-"

"No! What do you want from me?! What is your gain after hurting so many people and magic knights? Why did you hurt Fuegoleone?!!" I yelled, balling up my fists tightly while Egan flew on my right side with worried expression.

"They deserved it, after what they did to us. But you're an acception, you're actually different and I don't want to hurt you. So just come with me quietly. It's not like you can escape anyway."

I grunted under my breath glaring at him, my gaze caught a glimpse of something that sparkled for a second under his grip and I noticed a familiar pendant that Fuegoleone wears all the time. That elf guy was holding his pendent now.

Then suddenly all the pieces flipped in my mind

Then suddenly all the pieces flipped in my mind. 'Wait. . .Was this all for that gemstone?!'

My eyes narrowed before staring coldly right into his pastel yellow eyes. He seemed to notice my gaze as he lifted up his hand which was holding the pendant and answered my internal question.

"Yes, This is what my goal is, collecting all the magic stones, no matter the consequences. That is, either by stealing it or by force and the results are there before your eyes." Much to my surprise, he actually explained his motive calmly.

'Magic stones?' I thought, keeping my eyes on his every move even though I was struggling to stay on my feet and calm my heavy breaths. Egan seemed panicked but he never left my side, making sure I'm still facing an enemy.

"Why? What exactly are you planning to do, collecting those magic stones?!"

"If you want answers then I suggest you join me and I'll gladly answer your every question. Also, that reminds me, I want you to meet someone. Now come with me." He proffered his hand towards me but I just stared at him in confusion.

"I smell trap." Egan warned me and I agreed with him. "Me too."

Declining his offer bluntly, I managed to land an unexpected attack with flames clenched in my fist that was swiftly collided into his gut. He let out a small grunt in pain and I went for his head but before I hit his face with my "burning sphere", he caught my fist.