23rd. Encounter: Mysterious Elf

3k+ words Alert! (^~^)"
_________

"(Y/n)."

She turned to look at Yuno still panting slightly. "You're not looking okay. Your breath is uneven. What did you do??"

(Y/n) blinked looking at him before straightening up from her bending composure and placed her palm on his cheek looking into his ember eyes which almost took him off guard.

"You can see??"

Yuno hesitantly placed his palm over her hand which was on his cheek as he nodded with a small smile. "I can, but my vision is still a bit blurry. I don't know how long I can hold on but you're looking exhausted too."

(Y/n) sighed slightly taking her hand off his face. "Yeah, I'm just tired. Seems like that curse magic has started effecting me as well."
"It doesn't seem like it's just that curse magic." Yuno eyed (Y/n) which made her stiffened a bit.

"If you're wondering how you managed to snap out of the stream followed with the sense of warmth, well, that's because, she lend some of her mana, mending with yours by embracing you and that's why you regained the sense of feeling." Egan exposed her with a blunt expression only to earn a flustered glare from (Y/n).

"You don't have to tell him, Egan."

Egan scratched the back of his red head, "oh. Sorry about it then. I just did."

(Y/n) just deadpanned at him before Yuno grabbed her shoulder which caused to snap her head, facing him with wide eyes. "You did what??"

"Um, Kinda helped you grasping the spirit signals and sense of feeling? Erm. Never mind!" She blurted out nervously.

"We still need to capture that Witch before we both pass-" (Y/n) felt something was wrong as she paused all of a sudden causing Yuno's grip tightened on her shoulder as he looked at her in concern.

"You okay?"

"S-something is off. . . but we should make sure and defeat that Witch first."

"Okay. Let's get moving then."

She nodded and mounted over her phoenix while Yuno flew with the help of his wind magic as both of their sylphs followed besides them.

They managed to track the witch at the castle tower where she crashed but Yuno seemed like he was going to passed out any moment as they reached the area, only to find that witch had been captured.

"Hey Yuno! Hold on!" (Y/n) caught him before he lose his concentration as she draped his arm over her shoulder, supporting his weight and shared the ride on her phoenix.

"What's that??" Egan pointed at the falling tripled layered dessert, at which (Y/n)'s eyes widened and before she could react, Yuno caught the dish taking her by surprise.

"Phew! Good catch."

"Yeah. Let's go up there. I can't hold this for long." Yuno stated gesturing the giant dessert.

"Right. . ." (Y/n) sweat dropped as the phoenix shifted them up into the opening where they saw a black bull girl staring at them with wide sparkling eyes, almost like she was fantasizing angels before her.

They landed inside while the phoenix waited at the edge. Yuno was leaning on (Y/n)'s side as she supported him before he handed over the food to the short girl who was wearing a black bulls robe.

"Th-thank you! You both are my meal saviors!" She squeaked giddily looking at them until she noticed their faces up close and squealed like a fangirl which made them confused as they exchanged glances.