10th. Mission with Golden Dawn

- Two months later-

"Aru?"

"Squeak!"

A little furry reddish squirrel dashed towards (Y/n) and landed over her shoulder. "Where did you run off to, huh?"

"Squeak squeak!" It jumped on a tree then ran away again making her huffed in annoyance and chased the small being in the vast garden.

"Oi! Wait!"

Aru went deeper into the bushes sniffing out some fresh fruit and plucked one before tossing it into its mouth.

"Hey! Stop eating and get to work! Geez

"Hey! Stop eating and get to work! Geez. . ." (Y/n) scolded the little squirrel who cooed sadly then ran ahead, leading the way out of the gardens.

They arrived at the castle town. (Y/n) walked into a secret passage which leads to the hidden black market. Aru was hiding under her scarf.

She glanced around the market then put Aru down. "Go and search." She ordered and the squirrel squeaked in reply before dashing off.

(Y/n) waited for about 3 minutes and sensed a familiar mana in her range. She walked through a narrow street passing by few stalls that were selling illegal magic items.

She cringed at the sight of them then noticed an underpart gambling place and sighed.

"Hey! Hey! Ow! Where are you taking me you little stupid squirrel!"

She looked at an old lady being pulled by Aru as the squirrel nibbles and messed with the old lady who was none other than the wizard king.

"Search mission, successful." (Y/n) said while smirking as she crossed her arms and walked over towards the old lady, aka, Julius Novachrono.

"Ah! Little Firecracker. What are you doing here again?"

"I should be the one asking you that, old man."

He pouted slightly taking off Aru from his head. Julius was disguising himself as an old lady, he mostly does whenever he went out in public.

"Um. . .just wandering around like you?" He shrugged with an innocent grin. (Y/n) face-palmed at his stupid reply. "Seriously? I've just caught you gambling again and that was such a lame excuse you know."

"I-uh. Ahem! Hehe. I wasn't gambling like you think young lady. You should know there are a lot of good magic items with their own uniqueness also you get to meet with youths that might have awesome magic power that you haven't seen yet! Just thinking about such incredible new and unique magics makes me excited!!"

"Uh-huh. I know that. . ." (Y/n) sweat dropped at his sparkling eyes with eager face.

"And still you have to pull me all the way here." he complained mimicking the old lady's whining tone.

(Y/n) shrugged, "Marx orders. You weren't attending his constant calls. He was trying to communicate you then he send me." she stated simply.

"Oh. Speaking of him, didn't he tell you about the escort mission with Golden Dawn, today? You were supposed to be accompanying the Salim from noble family of Hapshass, with some golden dawn recruits." He reminded her.