8•Church

Abby's POV

Today is Tuesday and right now I am asleep on the floor when I woke up and I saw a note in the floor that said be back soon from Chris. I walked around the church and I saw stuff I never noticed before and then I heard whistling so I hid in a hole. I saw Chris "Hey Chris" I said but I fell "You okay" Chris asked. "Ya but what did you get us" I asked "Come on inside" Chris said and we went inside. Chris put the crate on the table "So I got us cigarettes, cards, snacks and a flashlight" Chris said. I pulled out a bottle of peroxide from the bottom of the crate and I was confused. "Peroxide why do we need this" I asked "Abby were gonna dye your hair brown" Chris said. "What why" I asked "They have our descriptions in the newspaper" Chris said. "So it's not like we murdered someone" I said "Abby you know if we get caught the judge will make us get a hair cut" Chris said. "Fine" I said and I sat on a bench and Chris opened his switchblade "Dont worry" Chris said. The blade hurt against my hair "Dont pull so hard" I said "Sorry" Chris said and we dyed my hair. We went to the lake that is behind the church and I looked in the water. "Man this makes me look tuff" I said sarcastically "Your turn" Chris said and he gave me his blade. "My pleasure" I said and I started cutting his hair when Chris winced. "Hurts right" I asked "Ya whatever" Chris said and we went inside. We laid against the wall and I started thinking about the gang and my brothers and Teddy, Vern and Gordie. "You okay" Chris asked "Ya I'm just thinking about the gang, my brothers and the guys" I said. "I'm thinking about the guys" Chris said "They must be worried" I said. "Ya they must be" Chris said "I want Dally to come quickly so we can leave" I said. "Same because I miss the guys and I actually miss Eyeball" Chris said. "Really I thought he hates you" I asked "He only acts mean to me in front of Ace and the rest of the Cobras" Chris said. "You mean the two other Cobras Billy and Charlie" I said "Yep but when were home he protects me from our father" Chris said. "Really" I asked "Ya and sometimes when our dad asks us who wants a beating Eyeball will also do it so I dont have to" Chris said. I hugged him "I didn't know" I said "Don't tell the guys because they dont know" Chris said. "Why wont you tell them because we know about Teddy's father" I asked "I'm just nervous for some reason" Chris said. We played cards and I lite a cigarette "Be careful we dont need this place to burn" Chris said. The sun was setting so we went outside and looked at it "Man that sure is pretty" Chris said. "Nothing gold can stay" I said "What" Chris asked. "Nature's first green is gold and her hardest is here to hold also her early leafs a flower but only so an hour so dawn goes down to day and nothing gold can stay" I said. "Where did you learn that" Chris asked "Pony told me about it last week after school" I said. "Do you know what it means" Chris asked "No but Pony told me and Soda and I see him drawing pictures of sunsets" I said and we went inside the church. I played with the zipper on Dally's jacket while Chris got us sandwiches. I ate my sandwich "I'm starting to hate baloney" Chris said "Same" I said and we finished eating. We played cards "I bet five cigarettes I win" Chris said "Your on" I said. "I knock" Chris said "Fourteen" I said "I win" Chris said "Dang it" I said. I gave him the cigarettes and we got ready to go to bed but I started crying. "Abby what's wrong" Chris asked "I miss my brothers, the gang and the guys" I said crying. "I miss the guys but Dally will be here tomorrow or Thursday so we just need to wait it out for a couple more days" Chris said. "Okay" I said "I love you baby" Chris said and we kissed "I love you to" I said. We laid down on the floor "This floor is cold" I said. "Yep it is" Chris said. Chris put his jacket over me and I gave him Dally's "Night" I said. "Night Abby see you in the morning" Chris said and a couple of minutes later we fell asleep. I woke up to hearing a noise outside "Chris there is something outside" I said "Okay I'll go look" Chris said. Chris grabbed the flashlight "Be careful" I said "I will" Chris said and Chris went outside. Chris ran back inside "What is it" I asked "A raccoon" Chris said. We laid down and I looked at him "Get some sleep" Chris said "Same to you" I said. We kissed and I looked at the stars through the holes in the ceiling then I fell asleep.