4•Drive In

Abby's POV

Tonight is the drive in and right now I am walking to the cafe and I saw Dally standing outside. "Were early" Dally said "What do you want to do" I asked "Something illegal" Dally said. We went to the DX "Soda here comes Abby and Dally" Steve said. "Can we have some money" I said and Dally took a windshield wiper. Soda gave me some money "Give me that" Steve said and he took the windshield wiper. We went to the lot and we saw three little kids "What are you kids doing here" Dally said. "Playing" Kid mumbled "Don't get wise" I said "Give me those cards" Dally said. Dally gave me the cards "Do you guys play fifty two pick up" I said "No" Kids said. "I dont like little kids" Dally said "Me neither" I said "Get out of here" Dally said. We chased the kids out of the lot "The sky is getting dark" I said "Come on" Dally said. We climbed under the fence and we saw two soc girls fighting with Bob and Randy. We sat in the chairs "I'm freezing" I said "Then why didn't you bring a sweatshirt stupid" Dally said. "I forgot" I said then the two soc girls sat in front of us. "Look a red head" Dally said "Leave them alone" I said and Dally lite a cigarette "Are you a real red head" Dally said. The girls giggled and Dally fell out of his chair and I laughed. Dally looked at the red head "That's the greaser that got out of jail" Girl said. "Whatever you say" Dally said "Stop or I'll call the cops" Red head said "No you wont" Dally said. "Leave us alone and be nice" Red head asked "I'm never nice sweeties" Dally said. "Shut your trap" Red head said "No I'm not going to" Dally said. "Dally leave them alone" I said and Dally looked at me "What did you just say to me" Dally asked. "Come on Dally get lost" I said and Dally left "Thanks we were scared" Girl said. "You didn't show it nobody talks to Dally like that" I said "Well I saw you do it" Red head said. "Thanks what's your names" I asked "Marcia and this is Cherry what's your name" Marcia asked. "Abby Curtis" I said "Isn't your brother Sodapop" Cherry asked "Yep" I said "He's cute" Marcia said. "Why isn't Sodapop at school anymore" Cherry asked "He dropped out" I said. "Come sit up here" Marcia said and I jumped over the chair and I sat next to Cherry and I lite a cigarette. Then Dally came back with drinks "Here I thought this might cool you off" Dally said. Cherry threw her coke at Dally "I should wash you off greaser" Cherry said and Dally left. "So how do you know Dallas" Marcia asked "Were in the same gang" I said. "Sorry we didn't know" Cherry said "It's okay but how are you not scared of me like you were Dally" I asked. I had to ask that question because there socs "I know about Dallas" Cherry said. "Okay" I said "How old are you" Cherry asked "Thriteen" I said. I sat next to Cherry then Tim Shepherd came "Curtis do you know were Dally is" Tim asked. "I haven't seen him since this morning" I said "I'll be looking for him" Tim said and left. "Who is he" Marcia asked "Tim Shepherd him and his brother Curly are leaders of another gang" I said. I lite a cigarette "You smoke" Marcia asked "Yep I have been smoking for a year" I said. Then Two-Bit came and scared us "Who are these ladies" Two-Bit asked. "I'm Cherry this is Marcia" Cherry said "Well your fine" Two-Bit said. "Tim came by looking for Dally" I said "Does Dally have his blade" Two-Bit asked. "I dont think so" I said "Good Tim will fight fair" Two-Bit said. "Abby come get some popcorn with me" Cherry said "Abby get me twinkies" Two-Bit said. Me and Cherry went to the snack stand "What about your brother Ponyboy way isn't he here" Cherry asked. "He got grounded for failing a science test yesterday" I said. "Okay and I dont like the idea of the socs jumping you guys" Cherry said. I looked at her confused "Why not because all socs like it" I asked. "The socs actually jump you guys because there bored" Cherry said. "We have it bad because we also have the Cobra gang" I said "Who are they" Cherry asked "Ace Merrill and his pals they jump us" I said. We went back to our seats "So how is the south side Marcia" Two-Bit said "Good" Marcia said. After the movie we walked home "So tell me about your older brother Darry" Cherry asked. "He roofs houses for a living" I said "What does he like" Cherry asked. "I got my love of movies from him and Soda" I said and a blue mustang came. Bob and Randy got out and Bob had rings "Two-Bit that's Bob who beat up Johnny" I whispered. "Cherry what are you doing" Bob said "I'm walking home" Cherry said. "Why are you walking with these bums" Randy said "Who are you calling bums" Two-Bit said. "You two" Randy said and Two-Bit gave me a busted coke bottle "We will go" Marcia said. "Why were not afraid of them" Two-Bit said "Ya we can take them" I said. "I hate fights alright" Cherry said and the girls left with the boys. I threw the coke bottle at the fence "I dont know why I gave you the busted bottle you never would have used it" Two-Bit said. "I might have" I said and Two-Bit grabbed a hat "Look I got me a new hat" Two-Bit said. We went to my house and Darry was outside "Hey Darry" I said and I lite a cigarette. I went to my room and Soda came in "Time for bed" Soda said and I got in bed. "Love you Soda" I said "Love you to get some sleep" Soda said and Pony came in. "Night Abby" Pony said "Night guys" I said and I fell asleep.