71•Hitchhiker

Abby's POV

Today is Sunday and right now I am walking around town and we saw an old truck "The keys are still inside" Teddy said. He took the keys out of the car "Give me the keys" I said and he gave me the keys and we got in the truck. Chris sat in the middle seat next to me and the guys sat in the back "Wow" Vern said. I drove down the road and someone was standing on the side of the road "Pick him up" Gordie said. I pulled over and he sat next to Chris "So where are you going" I asked "I'm Robbie and I'm going to the state line" Robbie said. "That's like an hour" I said and Chris winced and we looked and Robbie was holding a gun to his stomach "If you keep going to the state line your friend will be just fine" Robbie said. "Chirs are you okay" Teddy asked "He's fine" Robbie said "Abby we have to do something" Vern whispered "I'm thinking of something Vern now be quiet" I said. Teddy leaned up next to the seat "Look in the mirror" Teddy whispered and I saw a cop car behind us "Crap" Robbie said. I swerved the car into the grass and Robbie ran out of the car and the cops started shooting there guns. "Kids come out of the car" McCoy yelled and we got out "He was a fugitive who escaped last night" Rayback said. "How are you doing Chris" I asked "I'm alright" Chris said then the news channel came and the women and her cameraman came over to us. "Who was driving the car" Woman asked "Me" I said "What were you thinking driving into the grass" Woman asked. "Well Robbie was holding a gun to Chris stomach so I had to do something" I said "Is this live" Teddy asked. "Yes" Woman said "Cool" Gordie said and the guys started roughhousing behind us "Guys stop it" Chris said. "Chris how did you get so hot" Woman said and I put my arm around him "He's taken" I said and Chris kissed my cheek. The news crew left "Are you jealous" Chris asked "Maybe" I said and he smirked and we walked around town. I walked inside "We saw you on TV" Soda said "Where did you learn to drive like that" Steve asked. "Well from hanging out with you and Soda for the past thirteen years I learned some stuff" I said. "That fugitive was in for murder of a lawyer so he could have killed you guys at any moment if it wasn't for that cop following you guys" Darry said. "Ya I know" I said "You were jealous of that lady telling Chris he is hot" Dally said and I punched him in the arm. "Maybe I was" I said "The camera was still rolling so it heard you guys" Two-Bit said and I chuckled. I ate some chicken and I got a coke "So can she now jump off the roof into a pile of leaves" Dally said "No and neither can any of you guys" Darry said. I went upstairs and Dally came in "Tomorrow let's jump into the pile of leaves" Dally said. "Alright" I said "Wear a coat since tomorrow is the last day of November" Dally said "Okay" I said. Then Darry came in "Abby get ready for bed" Darry said "So Darry do you have work tomorrow" Dally asked. "Ya and you both have school" Darry said "I hate school but I only like biology because tomorrow we are cutting open a fish" Dally said. "Cool" I said and he smirked "Okay well it's time for bed Abby" Darry said "No" I said and Dally chuckled. "Go to bed now" Darry said and he left my room "Tomorrow" Dally said and he left my room and I got changed. I read a magazine when Darry came in "Come on it's time for bed" Darry said "A few more minutes" I asked. "It's already eleven come on" Darry said and I sighed "I don't want to go to bed" I whined. "I know but it's late" Darry said and he hugged me "Why can't I hang out with Dally tomorrow" I asked. "You can but don't do anything dangerous" Darry said "Okay" I said and he turned my light off and he left my room. I read a comic book and I looked at the window and a couple of minutes later I fell asleep.