87•New Years

Abby's POV

Today is Wednesday and right now I am walking around the backyard when we heard fireworks "Man they are loud" Dally said. "They are fireworks dummy" I said and he hit me upside the head "Guys stop fighting" Darry said. I walked over to Holly and Soda "Hey Abby" Holly said and I put my head on Soda's shoulder "Hey Holly" I said. Soda looked at me and he rubbed my head "What are you up to" Soda asked "I'm really bored" I said. "Go play ping pong with Steve" Soda said "He always beats me" I said "It's something for you to do" Soda said. I went over to the ping pong table "Steve pick up a paddle" I said "You're going to lose" Steve said. I stuck my tongue out and we started playing ping pong when he smacked the ball into my arm. "What the heck" I said "Language" Darry said "Sorry" I said "Burgers are done" Pony said. I walked over to the grill "Do we have ketchup" I asked "On the table" Soda said. I grabbed some ketchup and I put some on my plate and I sat on the grass with Johnny and Pony. "How are your friends doing" Pony asked "They are doing well" I said. "What have you guys been doing" Pony asked "We just play cards and walk around town" I said. I walked up to the table and I grabbed some relish and I put it on my burger. "I'll be right back" Dally said and he walked out of the backyard. I grabbed a ping pong paddle "Pony come here" I said and Pony grabbed the other paddle. I hit the ping bong ball across the yard and it banged the grill "Abby" Darry yelled. "Sorry Darry" I yelled "Be careful where you're hitting that thing" Darry yelled. I ran over to Darry and he gave the plastic ball back "I'll be careful" I said. "Good" Darry said and I looked at the grill "What are you doing" I asked. "I'm cleaning the grill so it doesn't rusty" Darry said "Okay" I said. Then Dally opened the gate and he pulled out two boxes out of his pocket. "I got us some sparklers" Dally yelled "Did you buy or steal them" Darry asked. "I actually bought them" Dally said "Good" Darry said and me, Soda and Steve ran up to Dally. "I got two packs of ten" Dally said and I reached my hand out "Give me one" Steve said. "The youngest kid first" Dally said and he gave me a sparkler "That's not fair" Steve said. "We ran up to you first" Soda said "Shut up" Dally said and I laughed at the boys. "Well can we have them" Steve asked and Dally gave them their sparklers and they walked towards Two-Bit. I held the sparkler towards Dally and he lite the sparkler and I flinched "It's just a sparkler" Dally said. Then we saw Steve running around the yard with a sparkler "Someone gave me fire" Steve yelled. "I hope you fall" Dally yelled and I laughed when Steve tripped over a branch. "Are you okay" Soda asked "Yes but I don't have fire anymore" Steve said and I chuckled. I walked over to the gang and Pony turned grabbed a lighter and he walked over to a lantern. "Pony what are you doing" Darry asked "I'm lighting the lantern" Pony said when I felt a gust of wind. "I'm cold" I said "Then go inside" Two-Bit said and I walked inside the house when the fireworks started. Then Darry came inside with a plate "Go get ready for bed" Darry said and I walked into my room. I grabbed my pajamas and I got changed when I heard Darry walk into his bedroom. I grabbed my pillow and I walked across the hallway into Darry's room "Hey Abby" Darry said. "Can I stay in here with you" I asked "What's wrong" Darry asked. "The fireworks are to loud and I can't sleep" I said and Darry smirked. "Ya come here" Darry said and I laid on his bed "I had a lot of fun today" I said. "I'm glad" Darry said "It was really funny seeing Steve run around the yard with the sparkler" I said. Darry chuckled "Ya it was now you need some sleep" Darry said and he turned the lamp off. Then we heard the boys yell outside "They're crazy" I said "Yes they are" Darry said. I pulled some blankets over my body and a couple of minutes later I fell asleep.