65•Custody

Abby's POV

Today is Tuesday and right now I am eating breakfast "Abby get your shoes" Darry said "I'm coming calm down" I said. We got in the truck and we went to the court house and we went inside and we sat the table while the gang sat behind up. "Now Darry are you willing to take on the responsibility of raising Dally" Judge Mike asked "Yes sir" Darry said. "Okay now Dally you are going to have to do your sophomore year of high school" Judge Mike said. "Okay sir I understand" Dally said "Darry do you understand that" Judge Mike asked. "Yes sir I do" Darry said "Dally you start school on Thursday" Judge Mike said "Alright" Dally said. "Now Dally this next question is important for you to answer" Judge Mike said "Okay sir" Dally said. "Do you want to keep your last name as Winston or change it to Curtis" Judge Mike asked "I will always be a Winston at heart but I want to change it to Curtis because they are my real family" Dally said. We smiled "You are now Dallas Tucker Curtis congratulations" Judge Mike said and we cheered. Dally rubbed my head "Congrats guys" Mrs Lewis said "Thanks Mrs Lewis" I said "Let's go get some ice cream" Darry said. We went outside and we got in the truck and we went to the ice cream shop "I want a milkshake" I said. We went outside and we ate our ice cream "This is good" Steve said "Ya it is" Dally said and we went home and I went to my room. I did my homework and Dally came in "Can you help me with this form for school" Dally asked. "What is it" I asked and he showed me "I have to fill out information about me and who my parents are" Dally said. "I don't know so ask Darry because he filled my form out when I started middle school" I said "Okay" Dally said. He left my room and I went downstairs and Dally was in the kitchen with Darry. "So Dally you have to listen to your teachers and don't give them any disrespect" Darry said "Whatever" Dally said. "Show me some respect as well" Darry said "Okay sorry" Dally said "Darry" Soda yelled and we went downstairs. "What Soda" Darry said "Can I have a friend named Holly over for dinner tomorrow" Soda asked "Sure" Darry said. "Soda has a girlfriend" I said "I don't now shut up" Soda said "Yes you do" I said "I do not" Soda said and he tackled me. "Let me go" I said "No" Soda said "Dally help me" I said and he chuckled "Soda get off her" Dally said. "She made fun of me" Soda said "Now Sodapop" Darry said and Soda got off my back "Sorry" Soda said and Darry started making dinner. I watched TV when Two-Bit came in "Are you drunk" Johnny asked "Yep" Two-Bit said and he fell on the floor. "Well he is gonna be like that for the rest of the day" Soda said and we chuckled and I went to the kitchen. "Abby can you cut the carrots" Darry asked "Sure" I said and I cut the carrots and he put them in the mashed potatoes. "Dinner" Darry yelled and we ate dinner "This is good" Pony said "Ya it is" Dally said and I got some chocolate milk. "Give me some" Steve said "Get your own drink" I said "You're mean" Steve said and I smirked. "I'm working late tomorrow so come home after school" Darry said "Okay" Pony said and we finished eating. "Darry can we talk" Dally said "Sure let's go to your room" Darry said and they went upstairs. "I wonder what he wants to talk about" Pony said "Same" I said and Pony put me in a headlock. "Soda help me" Pony said and Soda rubbed my head "Soda" I whined when Darry and Dally came downstairs. "Darry can I go out tomorrow night" Dally asked "You have to ask for permission" Steve asked "Shut up Steve" Dally said. "Fix the attitude" Darry said "So can I" Dally asked "You have school tomorrow so it depends" Darry said "Okay" Dally said. I watched TV "Abby go get ready for bed" Darry said "It's only ten" I said "Thirty minutes past your bed time" Darry said. I went upstairs and I got changed when my brothers came in "Night Abby" Soda said "Night" I said and they kissed my forehead. "See you in the morning" Pony said and Darry turned the lights off and they left my room and a couple of minutes later I fell asleep.