Chapter 5

Writer's POV

The next morning she woke up to the first ray of light through the window. She went to the bathroom and did her morning business, and she wore her yellow kurti and white legging, applied light makeup and went downstairs to have her breakfast.

She greeted her mom and sister and took a seat beside Divya.

"Di, are you ready for your interview?" Divya asked in excitement.

"Yes, Divi, but I am little nervous" she was nervous thinking about how she would face Shourya during the interview.

"Don't worry, Khushi, just trust God," her mom said and prayed for her daughters future.

After saying bye to her mom and sister, she went out to take a cab.

She stopped one car and gave the address of the office to the driver. After twenty minutes she reached her destination. She got down from the car and stood in front of a long glass building.

You can do it, Khushi

She took a long breath to calm her and went inside.

As soon as she entered, all employees stopped doing their work and started looking at her. Most of the girls were looking at her with disgust while some boys were looking at her from head to toe, making her more nervous, and some were looking at her as she was an alien from another planet.

She went to a receptionist, "Ma'am, I have an appointment for an interview today. Please can you tell me where I should wait?" She asked politely.

The receptionist was looking at her from head to toe with a disgusting look.
"Excuse me, ma'am," Khushi said.

"Ya, go to the second floor and take a right, there is Mr. Kapoor's cabin, so you have to wait outside and when your name is called, you have to go inside" she said rolling her eyes.

Khushi nodded mumbling thank you and went.

▪▪▪▪▪

There were many boys and girls waiting for their turn, some were nervous, and some were calm.
Khushi went and sat beside one girl. Khushi was nervous thinking about how she would face Shourya.

"Hi, I am Saira" the girl who was sitting beside her said with a big smile and extended her hand to handshake.

"Hi, I am Khushi," Khushi said with a small smile, and they both shook their hands.

"You are looking beautiful with this dress" Saira commented.

"Thank you, Saira, and you are also looking beautiful"

"Thank you."

"Khushi Raichandr" now it was Khushi's turn for an interview.

"Khushi, now it's your turn. Good luck," Saira showed her thumbs up. Khushi thanked her and made her way to the cabin.

Now she was more nervous.

"Khushi you can do it.. Khushi you can do it," she was continuously mumbling inside her head.

She knocked the door before going inside, as soon as she opened the door, she saw two people sitting in front of her, one is Mr. Rahul Malhotra and the other one is Mr. Umesh Kapoor, the father of Shourya. She felt relaxed thinking she doesn't have to face Shourya.

"Have a seat," Umesh Kapoor said to khushi.

"Thank you, sir"

Rahul was shocked to see Khushi there, but he composed himself and gave her a smile.