Chapter 9

Khushi's POV

When I was checking some files, my office phone started ringing. "Hello, how ca-"

"Come to my cabin NOW!" he ordered  and cut the call.

That monster will not even let me breathe properly.

In the morning, he was giving me the 'I am going to kill you' look. I don't know from which world that monster came from.

I hurriedly got up to go to his cabin. I am really scared of him. I don't know what is waiting for me in his cabin.

I took a long breath and knocked on the door. I entered his cabin when I heard him say "come in."

I took a small step and stood in front of his table.

"Welcome, Miss. Raichandr" he said and stood up and started coming near me.

Oh god, why is he coming near me?

God, please save me from this monster.

I prayed in my mind and took two steps back, but he grabbed my arm tightly.

"I told you not to come in front of me next time, then what are you doing in my company?" He said, by tightening his hold on my arm.

I kept quiet.

"Oh, dad has appointed you as a staff accountant, then let's see how many days you will work here," he continued by gritting his teeth, leaving my arm.

I looked at my arm, which has become red now. I started rubbing it to soothe the pain.

What's his problem?

When I turned my gaze to him, he was already looking at my arm. He then turned and sat in his chair.

"And Miss. Raichandr, so you are going to work here. I don't tolerate any mistakes from my employees. So be careful. I don't spare people who mess with me, remember that," he said that last part looking directly into my eyes.

God, why is he so scary?

"Understand?"

I nodded my head.

"I want my answers from your mouth, Miss. Raichandr! Don't move your head like a cow," he said, raising his voice, making me flinch a little.

"Y-yes, Mr. Kapoor," I said with my trembling voice.

"Good, now you can go," he said, an evil smirk playing on his face. I hurriedly turned to leave from his hell.

When I was about to open the door, he called me, "Miss. Raichandr," I turned around, and he continued, "enjoy only these few days of yours."

I frowned and came to my cabin.

Why did he say that? Is he going to fire me from my job?

I shook my head and started doing my work.

▪▪▪▪▪

"Hi, Khushi," Saira came and sat in front of me.

"Saira, what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Rahul sir asked me to give you this file, and, by the way, it's lunchtime now. Are you not going to have your lunch?"

I took that file and glanced at my watch. It was already 1:00 p.m.

"Only a little work is remaining, after that, I will go to have lunch," I said, and I started doing the work that was left.

"Ok, I am waiting for you here, please complete your little work fast. I am hungry," she said, rolling her eyes.