Chapter 22

Writer's POV

"Khushi, wake up! Khushi, wake up!" Nitya had been trying to wake up Khushi for the past ten minutes.

"Five minutes more, mom,"

Nitya kept her hands on her hips and looked at her friend, who was sleeping like a Panda, and saying 'five minutes mom' from the past ten minutes.

Suddenly, an evil idea came into her mind, and she smirked. She took a water jar that was kept on the table and threw water on Khushi's face.
Khushi got up in one go. She was panting as if she had run a marathon.

She was looking at Nitya with a shocked expression,"Nitya, when did you come?"

"I came at 9:00 o'clock, and I was trying to wake you for the past ten minutes. I think you were busy dreaming about your soon-to-be husband." She said, winking at Khushi.

"Nothing like that," she said, getting down from the bed. "I am to freshen up." She took a towel and started going to the bathroom.

"Khushi, what happened? Are you not excited about your marriage?" Nitya  asked, looking at Khushi doubtfully, which made Khushi stop in midway.

"Nothing like that, Nitya. I-I am very excited for my ma-marriage." She didn't turn back because she knew that she would not be able to lie looking into her best friend's eyes.

"But you don't seem happy. When you called me that time, you were telling me how excited you are for your marr-" Khushi interrupted, saying "Nitya, I am very happy. Umm- you are thinking too much. Stop watching those TV dramas and stop doubting me."

"Then why don't you look at me while saying that?" Nitya asked.

Khushi closed her eyes and took a long breath before turning back and then looking at Nitya. "I am happy, Nitya." She said, giving a smile.

"How much will you lie, Khushi?" Khushi scolded herself in her mind.

"Ok, now I am going to freshen up." Khushi dashed into the bathroom before Nitya could ask any more questions.

She closed the bathroom door. Tears gathered in her eyes. She was feeling miserable for lying to her best friend. She wiped her tears and did her morning chores.

After doing her morning chores, she dressed up and went downstairs. Nitya, Divya and her mom were busy  discussing about her wedding preparation.

She went towards them.

"Khushi, have your breakfast fast. Otherwise, you will get late," her mother said, looking at her.

"Yes, mom," she said as she went towards the dining table to have her breakfast. 

After having breakfast, they all went shopping in the mall.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Khushi, come, see this dress. It's beautiful. It will also look good on you. Try it," Nitya said, dragging her to one shop.

"No, Nitya. You buy it for yourself. You will look beautiful in that," She said. She was not in a mood to shop for anything.

"Come on, Khushi, you have been saying this for the past two hours, and for your kind information, it's not my wedding to shop for me. It's your wedding, not mine," Nitya said, glaring  at her.

"Ya Di, buy something for you. We have come here to shop for your wedding. And see, you didn't take anything till now," Divya said, looking at her sister.

"Ok guys, I will take something for me," Khushi said, lifting her hands in surrender.

They start selecting dresses for Khushi.

"Di, I am going to the next shop," Divya said, and Khushi nodded.

"Khushi, try this." Nitya selected one dress and gave it to Khushi to try.

Khushi went to the changing room, changed into that dress, and came out.

"Oh my god! Khushi, you are looking sexy in this dress. Shourya will not be able to avert his gaze from you," Nitya commented with a wow expression.

Khushi blushed, listening to her comment.

"Aww, my best friend is blushing, huh," Nitya pulled Khushi's cheeks.

Khushi slapped her hands and said, "Shut up! Nitya"

Khushi went to the changing room to wear her actual clothes.

"Nitya, you wait here. I am going to see Divya. She didn't come till now," she said in a worried tone.

"She will come, Khushi. Don't worry," Nitya said, seeing her friend's worried face.

"You wait here. I am coming," Khushi said, and then went to see Divya.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"You idiot! Why are you staring at me like this. Didn't you see any girls before?" Divya was shouting at one man.

"No, not like you," he said, smiling at her.

"Stop looking at me like that. Otherwise, I will take out your eyes and give them to your hands!" Divya was fuming in anger.

"You look cute when you are angry," he said, winking at her.

"I am telling you the last time. Don't make me more angry," she said, pointing her index finger at him.

"You are so cute," he laughed. He was enjoying making her angry.

"You idiot!" She removed her slipper and was ready to beat him.

"Divi!" Khushi's voice made her stop.

"Divi, what is this?" Khushi asked, looking at her in shock.

"Di, it's good now you came. See this idiot man bumped into me and instead of saying sorry, he was staring at me like he had seen a girl for the first time," Divya complained to Khushi, pointing towards that man.

Khushi looked at that man, and her eyes widened in shock because it was none other than...........

Hey guys any guesses?

Thank you for reading... I really appreciate your love and support

Stay blessed.

Vel💕