Chapter 44

Khushi's POV

I got up when my alarm went off and did my morning routine. I was having a light headache, and I was not feeling well enough to go to the office today, but I still dressed up. I wore my long white shrug with jeans to go to the office.

When I went downstairs, Shourya was already dressed, wearing his white shirt with blazer and grey pants, and scrolling on his phone

When I went downstairs, Shourya was already dressed, wearing his white shirt with blazer and grey pants, and scrolling on his phone. Maybe he was waiting for me to have breakfast.

Hearing the sounds of my heels, he looked up

"Good morning, Khushi," he said.

I just nodded my head and sat down to have my coffee.

"Khushi, have this." Jenny brought a plate of sandwiches and kept it in front of me.

"Jenny, I don't want this. Please take it back. I will only have my coffee," I said, giving that plate back to her.

"Khushi, have those sandwiches. Otherwise, you will be hungry,"  Shourya interrupted. I just ignored him and started drinking my coffee.

After having my coffee, I got up.

"Khushi, if you don't want to come to the office today, then you can take a holiday today," Shourya said.

I closed my eyes to control my anger and then looked at him. "If I take a holiday, then your work will remain pending." I mocked him and started going.

I will give you the same pain you have given me, Mr. Shourya Kapoor. I will make you realise how much you hurt me...

"Khushi, come with me."

Since the day we returned from my house, he has been asking me to come with him in his car to the office, but I didn't go with him because if any employees see me coming daily with him, then they will doubt us.

I ignored him.

"Jenny, I am going. Bye," I said to Jenny, who was looking at us with disappointment.

She nodded. "Bye, take care, and have something in the canteen. Don't remain hungry," she said like a mother, and I nodded.

▪▪▪▪▪