Chapter 24

Khushi's POV

When I was a child, I always thought that this day would be the happiest day of my life, but now I know that not every dream is meant to be fulfilled. I always dreamed of marrying a prince who would make me his princess, who would love me unconditionally, and with whom I would live happily.

Yes, today is my wedding, and I think I am the first girl who is unhappy at her own wedding. I had many dreams for my wedding, but it seems like I wasted my time on dreaming. Never in my wildest dream did I think my marriage would take place like this. But, sometimes in life, you have to sacrifice for your loved ones.

Only family members are invited to the wedding, and I am thankful for that.

After some time, I will become 'Mrs. Khushi Shourya Kapoor'.

Ughh, I already hate this name.

"Here you go, Ma'am. It's finished. Now you can open your eyes, " the makeup artist said.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked  at myself in the mirror, and I gasped.

I was looking like a totally different person.

She laughed at my expression,"Ma'am, don't worry, it's you only."

"Thank you,"

"Oh, my god! My daughter is looking beautiful. May God protect you from evil eyes," mom entered my room and said, looking at me.

She then turned towards the beautician and said, "thank you dear for making my beautiful daughter more beautiful."

"You are welcome, ma'am," she said, smiling at my mom, and she packed her things and went from there.

"Khushi, come here." Mom took my hands in hers and made me sit on my bed.

She sat beside me. "Khushi, before you start your new life, I have something to share with you." She started gently rubbing my palm and continued, "you know, Khushi, your dad always used to say, 'Urvashi, one day our baby girl will leave us'. He used to cry thinking about you going away from us."

Tears formed in my eyes thinking about my dad.

Dad, I miss you..

Mom wiped my tears and started, "Though today he is not there with us,  I know he is looking at his beautiful baby girl from above and must be happy to see his beautiful daughter getting married to her prince."

I wanted to say that he is not my prince. I am not happy with this marriage.

"Khushi, marriage is not a bed of roses like we read in stories. Remember, situations will come that you have never encountered earlier in your life, and your patience and love will be tested several times. Whenever you think that you are stuck with something, just pray and try to solve your problems by trying to talk with your partner." I nodded my head.

"Remember that Communication is very important in a  relationship, and NEVER EVER make a permanent decision due to temporary emotions."

From today onwards, my life will change, but I don't know whether it will change in a good way or a bad way.

"Khushi, always do what is good. You two are going to spend the rest of your lives with each other. Remember, as I said earlier, some moments will give you pain and some moments will give you happiness, so never give up on your relationship, understood?" She said.

I nodded my head, wiping my tears.

I hugged her tightly and said, "Mom, I will miss you and Divya."

She was also crying along with me. "We will also miss you too, Khushi," she said, rubbing my back.