Chapter 55

Continuation

When she was about to reach the entrance of the kitchen, she heard something fall and break. So, she ran inside, and what she saw next shocked and angered her.

The whole kitchen was messed up. There was flour and water on the floor. There was masala powder all over the kitchen counter. The dustbin was filled with burned veggies, and the cook who was cooking in that kitchen was looking as if someone had applied masala to him to fry him. He was busy cooking. No, not cooking; he was busy burning the veggies.

She fumed in anger seeing the disastrous mess Shourya has created in the kitchen.

"Shouryaaaaa!"

He flinched at the sudden shouting of Khushi, and the slicer that was in his hand fell down on the floor.

"Khushi," He kept his hand on his chest to calm his racing heart. "Why are you shouting, women? You scared the hell out of me."

"What the hell is this?" She shouted at him, pointing around the messed-up kitchen.

"Actu-actually, I was coo-cooking," he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Is this called cooking? Do you even know the 'C' of cooking?" She again shouted at him.

"Khushi, you will make me deaf by shouting at me like that. I was trying to cook by looking at YouTube videos," he said, showing his mobile to her, where a video of cooking was playing.

"Is this how they teach to cook, by messing up the whole kitchen? Look at the kitchen and what you have done to it, and look at you. By wearing that apron and a toque on your head, you will not become a chef. You are looking like a cartoon by wearing that toque," She said, gritting her teeth.

"I was trying to cook something special for you, so you can forgive me," he said, making a sad pout.

Khushi's eyes softened.

"Khushi don't come into his words..don't forgive him easily," her mind shouted at her.

"Do you think that if you cooked something special for me, then I will forgive you? I will not forgive you," she said in anger. "And I don't want anything special made by you. Clean the whole kitchen NOW. Otherwise, I will not cook anything until you clean up this mess you created. Stay hungry or eat those burned veggies that you have cooked," She said rudely, then left from there. It hurt Shourya that she was not ready to forgive him.

What should I do to gain your forgiveness, Khushi? ...I said sorry a hundred times, but still you are not ready to forgive me. Now tell me, what should I do?

'You don't deserve her forgiveness..you have hurt her a lot' his subconscious said.

I know I have hurt her a lot but I am trying to make things right, but still.

I thought today I would do something special for her, but that is also I can't do, even looking after those YouTube videos.

He sighed in disappointment and started cleaning the kitchen.

Shourya's POV

After cleaning up the mess I created in the kitchen, I went to my room to freshen up. As I entered the room, Khushi was typing something on her mobile while sitting in bed. She looked at me but ignored me.

"I have cleaned the kitchen," I said looking at her. She nodded, kept her mobile on the table, and was going when I stopped her by holding her wrist.

She looked at me with confusion.