Chapter 32

Khushi's POV

After taking a bath, I went downstairs. Jenny was arranging for dinner.

I also helped her to keep the dishes on the table. "Jenny, you go and call Shourya. I will keep this on the table," I said, taking the vessel that was there in her hand.

She went to call Shourya.

I know he hates my presence, but I didn't want to have food alone, so I sat there waiting for him so that we could have our food together.
I heard the footsteps, so I looked up. He was coming downstairs wearing  black sweatpant and a white t-shirt.

Ok, I agree, he is looking handsome as usual.

'Khushi, stop staring at him!' I scolded myself and immediately looked down. I don't want to embarrass myself.

What he said next crushed my heart. He said that he would vomit upon seeing me. For him, I am trash.

Till today, nobody said those types of words to me.

It's really hurt to hear those words. So, I got up and told Jenny not to take his food into his room. 

My appetite died upon hearing those words.
I went directly went to my room and stood  on the balcony. There was a full moon, and the sky was full of twinkling stars.

"Khushi," I turned. Jenny was standing there with a plate of food.

"Here, have your food," Jenny said, forwarding a plate in front of me. "Sir told me to take this to your room."

"No, Jenny, take it back. I am not hungry."

"Khushi, at least have a little."

"No, Jenny, my stomach is filled with his bitter words." She was looking at me sadly. "And tell him not to show his fake concern."

I don't want his fake concern.

"I just hope he will realise his mistakes soon," she said, and left my room.

My phone started ringing, it was  'mom'.

"Hello,"

"Hello, Khushi, how are you, and how is Shourya?" It feels good to hear mom's voice.

"We are fine," I said. "How are you and Di-Divi?" My voice cracked.

"We are fine, Khushi, but what happened to you? Is everything alright?" She asked me in a worried tone. I want to go and sleep on her lap and forget all my problems.

"Nothing, mom. I am missing you both." Tears slide down my cheeks.

"We are also missing you, Khushi. You and Shourya can come to meet us whenever you want." At that moment, I felt like running home.

"I can't come these days, mom. Actually, I am a little busy these days. Whenever I get time, I will come to meet you."

"Ok, bye. Take care. Good night."

"Good night, mom. Take care," I said and cut the call. I miss my mom, my sis... my home.

There is no bed in my room, so I put a mattress on the floor. I am not used to sleeping on the floor. I don't know if I be able to get up tomorrow with the back pain.

'Khushi, you will get used to it'  I said to myself and closed my eyes, but sleep was far from me. After twisting and turning, I got up.

Even sleep is against me.

I opened the balcony door and sat there, watching the beautiful stars.
I and my dad used to do star gazing. I used to lie down beside my dad on the terrace, and he used to tell me his childhood stories. I was his princess. Though we were not rich, but he always fulfilled our every wish. He has never lacked anything for us.
We didn't have to worry about anything, but after his death, everything changed.