Chapter 50

Writer's POV

"Hey, Rahul, please come in," Khushi invited him inside.

They both sat on the couch. "So what's the plan for today?" Rahul asked her, as it was Sunday.

"I don't have any plans for today," Khushi replied, shrugging her shoulders.

Shourya also came downstairs.

"Hey, bro, what's up?" Shourya came and sat beside Khushi.

"All good."

"Ok, both sit. I am bringing coffee for you both," she said and went to bring coffee.

Rahul was watching Khushi's retreating figure with a smile.

"Why are you looking at my wife like that?" Shourya asked him out of jealousy. He didn't like Rahul seeing his wife with a smile.

Rahul rolled his eyes at him. "I was thinking why God gave an angel to a devil like you."

"Oh, I am a devil, then who are you?" Shourya asked, raising his eyebrows.

"By the way, are you getting jealous seeing me look at your wife?" Rahul asked him in a teasing tone.

"Why I-I will get jea-jealous?" He was looking everywhere but Rahul.

"Oh, you know, that day at the party, she was looking so hot in that dress. Oh my god, I wasn't even able to avert my gaze from her. She was looking damn hot in it," Rahul said as if he were dreaming about that party night. Hearing this, Shourya fisted his hands.

"Shut up, Rahul. She is your sister-in-law; remember that!" He raised his voice. He didn't like the way Rahul was talking about Khushi.

Rahul made some victory dances in his mind.

"I know she is my sister-in-law, but why are you shouting? I don't think you even care for her."

"I care for her, and next time think before you talk like that about Khushi," he warned him.

"Oh man, calm down. I was just pulling your legs, and by the way, she is not my sister-in-law. She is my sister," Rahul said, looking at Shourya's face which was filled with anger and possessiveness towards Khushi.

Shourya rolled his eyes and sighed loudly.

"You love her, Shourya," Rahul told Shourya directly instead of asking.

"Rahul, I think you are gone mad," he scoffed.

Rahul sighed. "But I can see that."

"What?" Shourya furrowed his brows and asked.

"That you love her," he replied. "The way you look at her, the way you get jealous when other men talk to her, and the way you care for her through this, I can tell that you love her," he added.

"Rahul, I love Samaira, then how can I love Khushi at the same time?"

Rahul got irritated hearing her name. "You don't love her, Shourya, and most importantly, she doesn't love you. She is with you just for your money. I am tired of making you understand this for thousands of times, Shourya, but still you are not understanding it." He was feeling the urge to slap Shourya and somehow make him understand.

Shourya was also confused about his feelings toward Khushi. He can't differentiate between the feelings he has for Khushi and for Samaira.

"I don't know Rahul. I am confused about my feelings."

"Ok, tell me about what you feel for Khushi." Rahul asked as if he were a love guru.

He sighed before speaking. "I don't know. Whenever I go close to her, my heartbeat starts increasing. I feel peace whenever she is in my arms. I feel complete. It feels good to spend my time with her. Whenever she goes out of my sight, I feel like I am going to lose her. Her smile makes my day. Her smile and her silly talks always bring a smile to my face and also warm my heart. Whenever she crie, I feel like....I don't know, but I don't like tears in her eyes." Finally, Shourya spat out everything he feels for Khushi. Rahul is his best friend, and he can't hide anything from him.

"Then you are in love with Khushi. Now tell me, do you feel the same when you are with Samaira?" Rahul asked. Though he knew the answer,  he still wanted to hear it from Shourya's mouth.

Shourya shook his head. "I don't feel this way with Samaira."

"I know that. Even at parties,  you don't say anything to Samaira when she openly flirts with other men, but you don't like it when other men talk to Khushi. You feel jealous. Am I right?" Rahul asked, raising his brows. Then he took a deep breath and said, "Shourya, realise your true love. Leave that Samaira. You are married now. Realise what is true and what is fake before it's too late. Don't throw a diamond out thinking it's a mere stone. Our fate has already been  written by God, so accept what God has given you. Otherwise, it will not take a single second for God to take away what he has gifted you with," he said.

"See, who is giving love advice about who doesn't even believe in love." Shourya scoffed.

Rahul chuckled sadly. "True love gets only to those who are lucky, and I am giving you this advice because I don't want my friend to end up in the same way I did that day."

Shourya's eyes softened. Somewhere in his mind, he took his advice seriously.

"Coffee" Khushi came with coffee mugs. She gave one mug to Rahul.

"Thanks, Khushi."

"So guys, how is the work on a presentation going?" Rahul asked while sipping his coffee. "Nowadays, I was also busy, so I didn't have time to give it my full attention."

"It's half done. Employees are really working hard," Shourya said.

"Yes, they are."

After spending time with them, Rahul went home.

Shourya was continuously thinking about Rahul's words. Somewhere, he was also feeling like he had started falling for Khushi. His heart was telling him that she was the right person for him. But there was also one question in his mind: if he loves her, will she love him too? What if she hates him because of how he acted with her after the marriage?

He was continuously changing the channels on the TV, but only those things were running in his mind.

Seeing him disturbed, Khushi came and sat beside him. "Hey, what happened? You are looking disturbed."

Shourya came out of his thoughts. "Huh? Nothing. Actu-actually, I was searching for a good channel," he said, and again he started changing the channels.

Khushi furrowed her brows at his behaviour but nodded, smiling.

"Khushi, do you think fates are already written by god?" Shourya asked, looking at Khushi.

She took a deep breath and said, "Yeah, I believe in that. Only he knows what is good for us and what is bad for us. You know, my mom says everything happens as his wishes."

"Don't you believe in that?" She asked.

"I never used to," he said. "But I think I should also start believing in that," he mumbled, which Khushi didn't hear properly.

"Ok, I am going to prepare dinner," she said, and she went to prepare dinner.

He nodded.

Maybe Rahul is right...

Hey guys,

How's the chapter?

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Stay blessed

Vel💕