Chapter 39

Kushi's POV

I was working on my laptop when Nitya called me.

"Hello."

"Hey babe, what's up?"

"Nitya, I am a little busy now. I will call you later." If she starts talking, she will not stop, and I also want to complete this devil's work. Otherwise, that devil will eat me alive.

"Wait, wait, Khushi. I just wanted to ask if you can come to meet me tomorrow. Let's hang out...what say?" She asked happily.

"Nitya, did you forget tomorrow's special day?" I asked.

Tomorrow is a special day of my special person.

"Speci-.....Oh I am so sorry. It slipped out of my mind. Tomorrow you will be busy. So are you going there tomorrow?"

"Yes, as usual,"

"Ok...ok, Khushi, some customers came bye...love you, babes."

"Ok bye..love you too," I said and cut the call.

I kept my mobile on the table. I felt like someone's heated gaze was on me, so I lifted my gaze. Shourya was standing in the doorway and was glaring at me with anger.

Now what have I done that he is giving me that angry look?

He stormed into my cabin angrily.

"I am not paying you to waste your time on your phone," he suddenly started shouting at me. "And if you are that desperate to talk with your boyfriend, then you can talk with him after the office," he said, clenching his teeth. He was fuming in anger.

Boyfriend? Is he mad or what?

"Shourya, it's n-"

"It's Mr. Kapoor... Miss. Raichandr. You are not at home to call me by my name. This is my office, and I am the boss here, and you are my employee. So try to show respect to your boss," he said by gritting his teeth and storming out of my cabin.

Now what happened to him?..bipolar much.

I sighed and started doing my work.

After work I took a cab and went home. I was so tired. I came to my room and freshened up.

I had my food in my room and was sitting down to read a novel to pass the time when my phone buzzed.

"Hello, Di"

"Hey, Divi, how are you?"

"I am fine. Di, tomorrow is our special day. Do you remember?" Happiness and sadness were both evident in her voice.

"How can I forget tomorrow's special day?" My eyes started filling with tears.

" Di, but tomorrow I will not be able to come with you. I have an exam," she said with disappointment.

"Don't worry, I will manage."

"What will you take for them?" She asked with excitement.

"Chocolates, ice-cream, and some toys," as I said this, their happy faces came in front of me and I smiled.

"Ok, Di, and please tell them hello from my side and also tell them I will come next time and also tell them I missed them a lot."

God, this girl.

"Ok"

"Ok, bye, love you, Di."

"Ok bye, Love you too," I said hung up the call.