Chapter 37

Khushi's POV

It's been two weeks to that divorce incident. Since then, we have been ignoring each other like a plague. Nothing changed in these two weeks. We are living like totally strangers under the same roof.

As usual, I am eating my food in my room. He didn't stop giving me lots of work.
He comes home late at night from the office. I don't know if he really comes from the office or not, but he stays late in the office. He shouts at me for small mistakes, even if my mistake is not there, he somehow puts that blame on me.

Today we had a half day for office, so I thought to visit mom and Divya.

I took a cab to go home.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

I rang the bell.

Divya opened the door. "Oh my god, Diii," she hugged me tightly.

"Divi, how are you?" I hugged her back.

I missed this so much.

"I am fine, Di. I missed you so much," she said, wiping her tears.

"I also missed you," I said. "Will you not invite me inside?" I asked her.

"This house is also yours, Di," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Divi, who is there?" Mom came wiping her hands with a towel.

When she saw me, she came running and hugged me.

"How are you, my daughter?" Tears gathered in her eyes and rolled down on her cheeks.

"I am fine, mom," I said, wiping her tears.

"Come inside," she held my hand.

"How is Shourya, and why didn't he come?" She asked.

Mom, he will never come here...he will be ashamed to come here.

"Mom, he is busy," I lied. "Are you not happy to see me here?" I asked making a sad pout.

"Nothing like that, Khushi, I am more than happy to see you here," she said by stroking my hair, "was just ask-"

I cut her off saying "Mom, I am hungry. What have you prepared for lunch?" I tried to change the topic.

"Ok, you sit here. I will arrange for lunch," she said and went to the kitchen.

Me and Divya started talking. She was telling me about her boring lectures.

"Khushi, Divi, come to have lunch," Mom called us from the dinning area.

"Woww mom, biryani!" I love biryani. Looking at biryani, my mouth starts to water. Mom and Divya laughed at my excitement.

"Mom, it's yummy," I said, munching biryani.

"Khushi, I didn't prepare that biryani, Divya made that."

"What? So, my sister is learning to cook, huh?" I said with a teasing tone. Actually, she doesn't like to cook. I am happy she is learning to take responsibility.

"I tried this for first time Di, and I am glad you liked it." I said.

"Yes, Divi, it's really yummy."

After having food, I took my bag.
"Di, stay here today," Divya said in a sad tone.

"Yes, Khushi, today you stay here," mom also said the same thing.

"No, mom, I can't stay. I have a lot of office work to complete."

I also don't want to go in Kapoor's Mansion.... that is only a house where I stay, but this is my home.