Chapter 17

Shourya's POV

When we entered the canteen, I saw Khushi and Zanvil hugging each other. I don't know why anger took over me, and I fisted my hands.

Suddenly, her eyes landed on me, and her eyes widened.

Rahul went towards them and asked them if we could sit with them. They agreed, and we sat with them. Rahul sat in front of Saira, and there was only one chair available that was opposite Khushi, so I sat on that chair.

Later, we ordered our lunch, and they started talking with each other. Zanvil started with his silly jokes, and Khushi started laughing. Her laugh was like music to my ears. I just kept staring at her. In between, Zanvil started to flirt with her, and she was blushing. I don't know why, but I didn't like the way he was flirting with her.

My hands balled into fists, looking at them.

Rahul asked her reason for taking fifteen days of office leave, and when she said that her mom was not well and was in the hospital, I started feeling guilty for humiliating her.

Why am I feeling sorry? She deserves that. Because of her, my work is pending.

Later, our lunch came, and we started eating our food. After having food, Khushi asked Zanvil to pass her water. The water jar was near me.

Why is she asking him?

Can't she ask me?

Before Zanvil touched the jar, I gave her a glass of water. She looked at me with shock. She took that glass from my hand, and thanked me. I got up and left without saying anything to her.

Oh god, why am I behaving like that? What is happening to me?

I immediately went to my cabin. Later, Rahul entered my cabin.

"Hey, bro, what happened? Why did you suddenly come here?" He asked while taking a seat.

"Nothing, bro, actually I have important work to do," I said, pretending as if I am typing something on my laptop.

"Ok then, see you later. You do your work," he said, and he left my cabin.

I don't know what's happening to me. why I was getting angry when she was hugging Zanvil.

I don't know why my thoughts keep returning to Khushi.

I became furious.

I called Khushi in my cabin.

After sometime, I heard a knock.

Khushi's POV

I knocked on his door.

I heard him saying, "Come in."

My heart was beating faster. I don't know why.

I entered his cabin.

"Miss. Raichandr, from tomorrow onwards, you will prepare my schedule as my PA is on leave," he said as soon as I entered his cabin.

Is he mad? How will I do that? That is not my work to prepare his daily schedule. It's his PA's job. If his PA is on leave, then why doesn't he appoint a new PA for him?

"Mr. Kapoor, I have lots of work. How will I be able to do this work? It's your PA's work to prepare your schedule." I said, gathering some courage.

He got up from his chair.

ohh god! He is looking furious now. I think he is suffering from a mental illness.

"You don't need to tell your boss how to work. Keep your ugly mouth shut and do as I say! I am your boss, not you!" He shouted at me.