five

𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 : 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤❝ one more step, i'll never stopi'll always be on track

𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 : 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤
❝ one more step, i'll never stop
i'll always be on track. ❞
‒ ˢᵗʳᵃʸ ᵏⁱᵈˢ ‒

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

"hyung, can i ask you something?" hyunjun asked during their short break which gave them some time to consolidate their application forms and to talk to one another. "why'd you do a special mention for choi chanhee?"

changmin choked on his water, his cheeks burning a bright red as juyeon laughed, patting him on the back. "i've been meaning to ask about that too," he said.

truthfully, he never intended on doing such a thing (it was far too public even for the campus prince) but, as if kevin's soul had possessed him, he decided on a whim to invite chanhee to their dance recruitment just to watch.

of course, he knew that the math major wouldn't come - why would he when he probably felt embarrassed by his invite? but a small part of changmin couldn't help but hope that the next person to walk through the door would be the boy in the black mask, his hope being crushed everytime it wasn't.

"i-it was just a harmless invite," changmin said, looking down at his water bottle.

"oh hi chanhee hyung." changmin's head snapped upwards only to be met with the air, hyunjun laughing at his reaction.

"not funny!" changmin yelled, hitting hyunjun with his water bottle, the younger boy feigning hurt as he did so.

"hey chanhee's here," juyeon whispered, tapping changmin (who was still attacking hyunjun). "changmin, i'm not kidding. he's here."

"as if i'm falling for tha-"

"i always thought the campus prince wasn't a violent person but i guess i was wrong." changmin's eyes widened, his bottle falling from his grasp as he looked in the direction of the door to see choi chanhee leaning against the door frame, his arms folded. "why do you seem so shocked? you invited me here remember?"

"hi, i'm hyunjun and changmin hyung is whipped-" changmin placed his hand over hyunjun's mouth, juyeon stretching his hand out to chanhee only to be met with a raised eyebrow and an awkward feeling, juyeon quickly retracting his hand.

changmin tried to walk towards him but stopped the second he saw that chanhee had shifted backwards, now outside the dance room. he didn't know why he acted the way he did but he always knew that people had their own reasons so he didn't try to get closer.

"did i miss your showcase?" chanhee asked, not stepping foot into the dance room that was currently only occupied by changmin and the two other boys. changmin shook his head, juyeon about to say something before hyunjun nudged him.

"you're just in time," changmin said, smiling brightly at him as he rushed over to his phone and tried to find his showcase song that he had performed for his applying year ones. "d-did you come to see me dance?"