eleven

𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 : 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠❝ i ask it in the empty voidwhat am i to you? ❞— ᵗˣᵗ —

𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 : 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠
❝ i ask it in the empty void
what am i to you? ❞
— ᵗˣᵗ —

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

it felt like a moment frozen in time, their surroundings fading to become nothing but a blur and leaving just the two of them on their own, standing in front of each other in silence.

changmin opened his mouth to speak but before he could even utter a word, chanhee spoke up. "i almost believed you for a second but this is all just some elaborate plan isn't it?" chanhee walked to the stalls, checking inside each one to see if there were cameras or other dance majors hiding. "very funny!"

"i wasn't kidding-"

"stop lying to me," chanhee said, turning around and facing changmin, his hands clenched into fists by his sides. "are you recording this whole conversation with your phone or something? good job on such an amazing prank!" chanhee pinched the bride of his nose, the grip of his mask tightening. "i already paid so i owe you nothing ji changmin-"

changmin took hold of chanhee's wrist, chanhee immediately stopping on the spot, one hand already on the door handle. changmin knew that he was at a disadvantage - if he made one wrong move, he knew that whatever trust chanhee had in him would forever disappear further. but, after gathering his thoughts, he gently turned the boy around to face him. 

despite staring directly into chanhee's eyes, changmin couldn't tell how he felt, his eyes empty and causing changmin to feel insanely far away despite them physically being close to one another in that instance. 

"i-i like you and i really mean it! i, a hundred percent like you and i-i don't need you to reciprocate those feelings for me but i just... i just want you to know that i really, really am not kidding because that would be a really mean prank and i-" changmin lowered his head slightly, unable to meet chanhee's eyes anymore out of sheer embarrassment. "-i would never want to hurt you ever." 

changmin let his hand fall back to his side, removing his grasp on chanhee's wrist and allowing the boy to react in whatever way he wanted to. 

changmin had never been good with words, expressing his feelings and thoughts clearly something that he could never quite seem to do. instead, he performed. he danced as a form of expression and a way to expel all his worries away, each movement synchronised with a beat being him tossing his worries into the distance, far enough that he could no longer be bothered by them. 

but, for chanhee, he wanted to try and show his feelings through a form that he could probably understand better but despite his best efforts, he felt as though he fell short.