thirty four

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 : 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞❝ please hold onto my anxious heart

❝ please hold onto my
anxious heart. ❞
⁻ ᵈᵃʸ⁶ ⁻

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

having a boyfriend was one of those things that chanhee never thought possible for him and yet there he was, waiting for ji changmin to finish his dance practice so that he could take him out for dinner.

as he stood outside the building absentmindedly scrolling through his phone in an attempt to seem busy, he felt a light tap on his shoulder and turned around, his signature glare plastered on his face causing the art major before him to roll his eyes.

"are you waiting for changmin?" he started, folding his arms and remaining unfazed by the boy and his instinctual glare. "he might take a while. you know how he's like when he's practicing."

chanhee hummed in response, softening his glare ever so slightly and diverting his attention back onto his phone as though telling kevin to cease all conversation with him.

but kevin didn't seem to catch onto that and continued his attempts to make small talk with the boy, all in which chanhee offered short responses to out of the need to be polite toward's his boyfriend's best friend.

"hey, what...what made you like changmin?" the question caught the math major by surprise which he veiled with a curt cough. "i don't mean to pry or be rude but you came across as uncaring in the very beginning so what made you change your mind?"

chanhee tightened the hold of the mask on the bridge of his nose, staring straight at the building where he knew changmin was dancing in.

barely able to suppress a sarcastic remark, chanhee thought about every reason that made him fall for the dancer, a faint smile forming on his face when he thought about all that he had done for him.

"it's impossible to not fall for someone like him," chanhee stated, kevin's eyes widening at the statement that came from the one and only choi chanhee who was infamous for his cold act. "he's like the sun — sometimes, i get irritated by it but either way, i can't live without its' warmth and end up yearning for it on days when it's gone. everyone sees him and knows of him and yet, he chose to shine his light mostly onto me despite the impenetrable frost i put up." chanhee recalled every encounter he had with the boy, still unable to believe that he had fallen for that dance major he had claimed to be enemies with.

"he helped melt the ice that had started freezing my heart and made me feel emotions i hadn't felt in a long time and when someone makes you feel that way, how could you not reciprocate those feelings?" chanhee sighed, looking down at the giraffe keychain he had chosen to pin onto his bag. "does that answer your question?"

kevin stood staring at chanhee, his mouth slightly agape. he thought that chanhee would dismiss the question or would give a half-assed response which better suited the personality he had shown to the rest of the world and yet, there he was, comparing his best friend to the sun.

"and, before you give me a speech about how you'll hunt me down if i hurt changmin, you should know that i have no plans to do anything of that sort so save your breath," chanhee added on, glancing sideways at the ever so shocked kevin moon. "if you leave your mouth open like that, mosquitos might fly in."

kevin quickly closed his mouth and cleared his throat. "you promise you'll take care of him?"

chanhee nodded, people slowly leaving the building in clusters or individually.

and when he caught sight of his boy, he couldn't help but smile, his eyes smiling along with him as changmin skipped over to where they were and greeted him with a hug, wrapping his arms tightly around him and resting his head comfortably on chanhee's shoulder.

when he released chanhee from the hug, he turned and smiled brightly at kevin. "what're you doing here kev?" he asked, draping his arm over chanhee, the small action drawing attention from the fans he had garnered through his dances. suddenly, changmin gasped, both kevin and chanhee looking around for what could've possibly caused such a reaction.

"did you two plan something for me?" changmin exclaimed, smiling from ear to ear and roping kevin into a hug with chanhee.

the two boys (who were trapped in changmin's hug) stared at each other, panic written on their faces as they attempted to communicate through eye contact.

"you guys are the best!" changmin said, still hugging them. once he released them, he continued smiling, rocking back and forth on his heels as he looked at them in anticipation. "so what do you two have planned?"

"actually min, we did have something planned but i realised that i double booked with jacob and-"

"we can go on a double date!" if chanhee had water in his mouth, he would've spat it all out at the mere suggestion.

the thought of their dinner being invaded by another couple made him feel sick even though all involved parties had seen him without his mask on before.

but upon seeing changmin's excitement while kevin fumbled to find words to say, chanhee sighed, pushing down his fears for the sake of changmin's smile.

"you can invite him then. we all know each other anyways," chanhee suggested, changmin clapping and kevin hesitantly pulling his phone out while eyeing chanhee.

and when changmin wasn't looking, chanhee mouthed words to kevin that, in a strange sense, reassured the boy that his best friend was in good hands.

"do it for changmin."

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

author's note;
IM SO SORRY i missed 2 weeks?? of updates i- 💀 if yall are still here, then thank you sm ;-; love yall lots <3