twenty four

𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 : 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡❝ maybe after all of that pain, i can shortly shine a light so I couldn’t give up ❞⁻ ᵇᵒˡ⁴ ⁻

❝ maybe after all of that pain, i can
shortly shine a light so I couldn’t give up ❞
⁻ ᵇᵒˡ⁴ ⁻

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

changmin stood outside the building, a box of cookies in his hands and looked at the big clock standing by the building thinking to himself that chanhee should be done with his classes soon.

after he had gotten back to the dorm yesterday, he decided to give a gift to chanhee to make up for their lacklustre dinner. but since their dorms had no kitchen whatsoever, he resorted to calling his friend haknyeon who was a culinary major and as such, had access to the kitchens even after school hours.

to say that the younger boy was shocked would've been an understatement with him tossing a hundred questions in changmin's direction only for changmin to bring up his crush (who changmin didn't know was the same boy that he had seen chanhee with). eventually, after bribing haknyeon with money for his date, he got the keys and slowly, he made chocolate chip cookies for chanhee.

despite his lack of skills in baking, after a few failed attempts, he eventually got the gist of it down, making a presentable batch of cookies for the boy.

once more checking the clock and his own handphone, changmin checked his cookies again.

a few minutes passed and soon, the doors opened, students rushing out and among them, changmin caught sight of a boy in a black mask, trailing slowly behind the crowd, his eyes glued onto his phone.

"chanhee!" chanhee looked up and with a smile, changmin skipped over to him, the boy putting his phone back into his bag as he crossed his arms. "how was your class?"

"what's that?" chanhee asked, avoiding his question and immediately pointing at the box in changmin's hands.

"i made cookies for you! but you can't get any if you don't tell me how your class went," changmin said with a pout, chanhee rolling his eyes as changmin nevertheless gave him the box. "sorry if they look bad but i swear they taste better than they look!"

chanhee hummed, opening the box and smiling to himself at the oddly shaped cookies in the box. "you're really laying it on thick now that you've stopped avoiding me but thanks ji - i appreciate it." changmin smiled, shifting slightly in his place before giving chanhee a hug and, like a giddy fanboy, he couldn't help but feel a sudden rush of adrenaline along with the acceleration of his heart beat. and, when chanhee slowly hugged him back, he could've sworn he was in heaven.

"am i interrupting something?" a voice cut in, both boys separating from each other and seeing younghoon standing there, a paper bag in hand. "hey changmin!" changmin waved slightly, ignoring the sudden stomach ache he was experiencing. "what're you doing here?" younghoon asked, his eyes locking with that of changmins'.

"i came to give chanhee some cookies-"

"oh? that's a coincidence because i came over to give him lunch - i don't normally cook but i figured i'd give it a try for chanhee-"

"i-i don't normally bake as well but i got my friend to let me into the kitchen to bake these overnight for chanhee-"

"well i-"

both boys shut up when chanhee flicked them both on their forehead at the same time after placing the box of cookies in his bag. "both of you shut the fuck up because you're both giving me a headache with this meaningless comparison," chanhee stated, younghoon still taken aback by him flicking his forehead while changmin nodded, massaging the area that had been hit with a sad pout on his face. "i'll just buy us all lunch. how does that sound?"

"sure chanhee, whatever you want!" younghoon said, grinning at him as chanhee acted as though he was going to throw up. "don't act like you don't like my affection," younghoon commented, chanhee rolling his eyes and directing his attention to changmin, the boy having gotten quieter ever since younghoon appeared.

"you coming with?" chanhee asked, changmin snapping out of his thoughts and shaking his head.

"i...i just came by to give you cookies so um, i'll be off now!" changmin said, forcing happiness out of his voice despite his insides curling in on itself at the idea of younghoon and chanhee.

as he started walking away, unwilling to be a third wheel between those two, he heard footsteps and soon, he felt a warm hand wrap gently around his wrist, stopping him in his tracks. slowly, he faced chanhee, putting on his best smile and an air of nonchalance despite his thoughts going absolutely haywire, something he realised always happened whenever he saw chanhee with younghoon.

they just seemed so close, so connected with one another and although chanhee had said before that they were just roommates, how could he possibly not overthink when he was aware that younghoon liked chanhee in the same way he did?

he knew he was giving younghoon more of a chance but he didn't want to witness their relationship right before his own eyes - if he could avoid something that made him sad, why wouldn't he do just that?

"hi-"

"what do you want for breakfast? i'll make it for you since i flicked you just now," chanhee asked, taking his phone out to take note of what he liked. "or we could go to some bakery nearby if you prefer-

"you're keeping younghoon waiting chanhee," changmin remarked, pointing at younghoon who was suddenly intrigued by the tree. "but um i'd like to go to a bakery with you tomorrow!"

chanhee nodded. "i'll message you later then ji," he said, a faint smile on his face as he walked back to younghoon.

truthfully, changmin had no idea if chanhee just pitied him or wanted to make a joke out of him but regardless of what it was, changmin still looked forward to tomorrow.

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

choichanhee
and before you start overthinking things, i don't have feelings for younghoon so don't disappear on me again ji changmin.

choichanhee
you promised you won't so i'll hold you accountable for that.

choichanhee
anyways, i'll see you tomorrow at starlight cafe at around 8am? does that work for you?

choichanhee
thanks for the cookies again ji.
i appreciate it a lot.
:)

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

author's note:

cue twice's what is love