fourteen

𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 : 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐚❝ even if it's a nightmare or a dream, i want to see you

𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 : 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐚
❝ even if it's a nightmare or
a dream, i want to see you. ❞
— ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵒˢᵉ —

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

"mind telling me why you were outside changmin's dorm?" chanhee rolled his eyes as he lowered his mask and sat down on his bed. during the walk back from changmin's room, younghoon had been giving him odd looks and now that they were back in their room, younghoon had a million questions in his head. "i thought you couldn't stand him."

chanhee stared blankly at him and while he was preoccupied with his own thoughts, younghoon subconsciously fumbled with his fingers as he waited for his answer.

younghoon was never one to be so curious about another's personal affairs but when it came to chanhee, he wanted to know everything about the younger. he wanted to know about his past, his present and what he viewed could be his future (and, deep down, he wished he was a part of chanhee's future plans as well). but he never pried since if chanhee wanted to tell him something, he normally would.

so his silence when it came to answering about ji changmin made his heart sink as he tried his best to maintain a peaceful expression despite his inner turmoil.

"i guess i don't hate him as much and plus, i did something that i felt weird about so i decided to give him snacks to pay him back," chanhee finally replied, running a hand through his hair and making some parts of it stand up. younghoon gently fixed his hair as he continued speaking, his fingers brushing through every strand. "that's basically it but whatever - i still don't like him that much but i don't hate him either so it is what it is," chanhee added on. "anyways, how was your theatre thing?"

younghoon let his hand fall back onto his own lap. "it went fine honestly. nothing much but we're getting the design majors to help us make some costumes for the play," younghoon said, smiling at chanhee who was nodding his head.

"hey," chanhee leaned towards him, their faces so close to each other that younghoon felt as though he could die right there and then without any regrets. "how did you respond to daeun's confession?"

"why're you suddenly asking about confessions?"

"because someone confessed to me and honestly, i have no clue how i should react to it," chanhee said bluntly, not seeming at all fazed by the fact that someone had built up the courage to confess to him.

and, if younghoon's heart had sank before, now it was six feet under.

chanhee moved back to his original position, his eyes locked onto younghoon's, waiting for his response. "someone confessed to you?" younghoon asked, attempting to keep his voice as neutral as possible. "wish i could have that confidence too."

"is there someone you wanted to confess to?" younghoon quickly shook his head, waving his hands around as though telling chanhee not to worry about it. "for someone in theatre, you're not a very convincing actor right now," chanhee commented. "who's the lucky person to be liked by the one and only kim younghoon?"