twenty three

𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 : 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮❝ i was able to love you so much because you embraced and understood my young and immature mind warmly

❝ i was able to love you so much
because you embraced and understood
my young and immature mind warmly. ❞
⁻ ᵖᵃᵘˡ ᵏⁱᵐ ⁻

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

chanhee gently opened his door to come face to face with a frowning younghoon. "hi," chanhee said, giving up on trying to be quiet and locking eyes with his roommate. 

"where'd you go?" chanhee didn't know why he didn't answer immediately but the very fact that he had hesitated made younghoon even more suspicious of him, the older boy closing the gap between him and chanhee before pulling him into a hug, the younger letting his arms go limp at his sides. "i was concerned because you weren't answering your phone too-"

"my phone died," chanhee muttered, leaning into younghoon's embrace. although he knew that it was far from his fault, he still felt a slight tinge of guilt (something he absolutely hated feeling) for making younghoon worry about him, seeing as how that seemed to be all the boy ever did. "sorry hoon. i just went out to eat dinner with changmin although that plan backfired-"

"with changmin?" younghoon asked, still not letting go of chanhee. chanhee hummed in response, gently patting younghoon on the back since his arms started feeling awkward just being there by his sides. "did you eat well?" younghoon asked, his voice so gentle that chanhee had to remind himself that he wasn't always that way - he just became as such whenever it came to chanhee and although the boy was well aware of how younghoon seemed to treat him slightly differently from the rest, he always assumed that it was because they were roommates and nothing more than that. 

younghoon was genuinely someone that chanhee felt comfortable around and he knew that younghoon felt the same about him. to chanhee, younghoon felt like a pillar he desperately needed in his life, helping him stand on his two feet whenever times got tough and catching him whenever he fell. much like how he had learnt to appreciate ji changmin's presence in his life, he had long since learnt to value younghoon for all that he was from his flaws to his strengths. and it was always those simple questions with him checking in on how he was that reminded chanhee of why kim younghoon was a godsend for him.

all his life, he had never felt as safe as he did with younghoon, the older's embrace so comforting and calming that if chanhee were being honest, he wouldn't mind staying in his arms for longer. but, his thoughts which were once just filled with how great of a person younghoon was were slowly being hijacked by none other than ji changmin, chanhee's mind wandering towards when he had hugged changmin and felt that same sense of safety that he felt with younghoon. 

ji changmin and that effortless warmth he radiated. that same warmth that chanhee wanted to preserve. that same warmth that drew chanhee to him like a moth would to a flame. that same warmth that chanhee feared he would extinguish if he made a wrong move.