two

𝐭𝐰𝐨 : 𝐢𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲❝ if i wait here just a little,will i be able to see you? ❞‒ ᵐᵒⁿˢᵗᵃ ˣ ‒

𝐭𝐰𝐨 : 𝐢𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲
❝ if i wait here just a little,
will i be able to see you? ❞
‒ ᵐᵒⁿˢᵗᵃ ˣ ‒

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

choi chanhee was making his way back to his dorm, a yawn escaping from his lips as he looked up at the darkening sky, the moon slowly taking the place of the sun, casting a gloomy blanket over him as he continued walking. 

although he hated the idea of having to listen to people try and audition for their club, he was still the vice-president and it was still part of his job to sort out the forms regardless of how much he didn't want to do so. 

every year after the fair, the three presidents of the group discuss about the people who had auditioned, marking out those who passed and those who failed but every year, chanhee always found himself on the losing end, constantly picking the shortest stick whenever they drew lots so, as if it were some sort of tradition, he was the one who had to sort out the numerous forms that they had so that they could submit it to their teacher. 

with a sigh, chanhee plugged in his earpieces, lowering his black mask slightly so as to let the cold air in. 

but, while he was preoccupied with his playlist, he soon found himself bumping into someone, nearly losing his balance but quickly regaining it as he looked up from his phone and shot daggers at whoever it was that interrupted his peaceful moment.

"ah, sorry! i wasn't really looking where i was going!" chanhee's death glare softened as his eyes landed on the boy before him, his brown hair and boyish grin making his heartbeat slightly faster than it was before he laid eyes on him. "did i hurt you?" changmin asked, his eyes wide open as he looked at the boy. 

chanhee pulled his mask over his nose and shook his head, quickly trying to walk away from him, his mind reeling with a million thoughts that ranged from beautiful to aggressive in a matter of seconds. "watch where you're going next time ji changmin," he said as he walked past him, his fingers tightly clutching his phone. 

"chanhee?"

chanhee turned around, his eyes back to their normal bored expression with his eyebrows ever so slightly furrowed. "what do you want?"

chanhee watched as changmin flinched slightly at his harsh tone but he couldn't help it - he was always like that with people (even if he did find them attractive). he never believed in love at first sight since to him, such feelings born only through someone's first impression of a person based on appearance was far from what love was and so, he never bothered with polite words or tones, instead choosing to go straight to the point regardless of who it was and ji changmin, was no exception to that rule. 

he knew a lot about the dancer but he also knew that, besides the fact that such information could have been false since they were mostly from blog posts, their majors never got along with one another. 

like some ancient rule, the applied mathematics majors were always, always, at war with the dance majors. no one knew how it started but no one bothered to end the feud, instead passing it down from one batch to another, the seed of hatred between the two majors so deep-rooted that nothing and no one could change the fact that they were basically mortal enemies. 

"uh, wh-what are you doing out so late?" changmin asked, smiling brightly at him. 

"i could ask you the same thing," chanhee replied, crossing his arms and taking out one side of his earpieces. "what's the university prince doing out at nearly 1am?"

"i was going for a run!" 

chanhee nodded, putting his earpiece back on indicating that he had asked a rhetorical question and couldn't care less about the answer changmin gave - why should he when he was already highly overworked from their fair earlier? 

after another fix of his mask, chanhee began walking only to feel a slight pull on his sleeve, causing him to stop in his tracks. "um, since i bumped into you, can i buy you anything from the convenience stor-"

"those things damage my throat." changmin let out a soft 'oh', rubbing the back of his neck, unsure of what to do next. "now, if you'd excuse me," chanhee said, pulling his sleeve away from changmin as he continued walking away from him, changmin helplessly staring after his retreating figure. 

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

"mind telling me why you're screaming into a pillow?" kevin asked, drying his hair and sitting at the foot of changmins' bed.

changmin raised his head, a pout evident on his face as he stared at the canadian boy.

"i messed up kev! i really really messed up!"

"nothing new there but what did you do this time?" changmin tossed a pillow at kevin. "hey, don't get violent!"

changmin sighed and let his head fall back into the pillow, releasing another dolphin scream which caused kevin to wack him with the pillow he threw at him.

chanhee's words played in his head and, because he wore a mask, changmin tried to visualise how he would've looked while saying those words.

he had always known of choi chanhee. in fact, he believed that everyone had at least heard of the choir's prodigal son, his reputation of having the voice of an angel along with the fact that he had nearly perfect grades paired with his mysterious act made him a constant topic of discussion within their university.

while everyone was trying to decipher who he was, changmin was preoccupied with defeating him in small ways, one being in terms of grades.

but, just when he thought he caught up, somehow, choi chanhee would only get better.

he had never been upset at chanhee (he always believed that they were silent friendly rivals) but his entire view on their relationship changed the second he found out that he was the boy he fell for.

"i asked him if he wanted anything from the store and he turned me down because it could damage his throat," changmin said, his words rushed before he let out another scream, further burying his head in his pillow. "kev, he hates me."

"how'd you even get to that conclusion?" kevin asked, shifting closer to changmin and patting his head. "i'm sure he doesn't hate you. if anything, he probably just mildly dislikes you!"

"how is that any better!" changmin screamed, his voice muffled by the pillow.

"mild dislike is better than- don't bite me satan spawn!"

changmin relented and sat upright, a pout still on his face. kevin sighed, standing up and going into his own bed. "don't worry too much about it min. everyone knows how chanhee is like and you yourself know that he isn't the most friendly person out there." changmin nodded slowly. "you should go to bed soon demon," kevin muttered before going under his covers.

eventually, changmin heard soft snores coming from the other boy so he turned off the lights and lay awake, staring at the ceiling as his mind buzzed with thoughts about the boy with the black mask.