eight

𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 : 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫❝ everything becomes beautifulbecause of you

𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 : 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
❝ everything becomes beautiful
because of you. ❞
— ᵃᶜᵉ —

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

chanhee's gaze followed changmin as he left the auditorium, his head bowed slightly as he shuffled past others.

"that's weird," chanhee muttered, hugging the bear closer to himself as he redirected his gaze back onto younghoon who tilted his head slightly, silently asking what about him was weird. "he didn't bother me that much." 

"did you want him too?" younghoon asked, smiling at chanhee and although chanhee was wearing his mask, younghoon could tell that he was frowning, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at younghoon before smacking him on the head with the bear's paw. "it was an honest question! and if you're so concerned, why not go and talk to him? i'm sure he's somewhere outside," younghoon said, still smiling at chanhee as he gave the bear a pat on the head.

chanhee weighed his options. he could either stay with younghoon or go and find changmin and although the former sounded like a safer, more comfortable, choice, he couldn't help but be curious as to what would happen if he chose the latter.

what he didn't notice was that, while he internally debated with himself, the smile on younghoons' face faltered ever so slightly, his hand just resting by his sides as he watched chanhee try and choose between him and ji changmin.

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

changmin stared at the message from kevin, sighing as he quickly replied and turned his phone off again, slowly making his way back to his dorm since he no longer had any lessons that day.

although he had left without seeing anymore interactions between chanhee and younghoon, the moments that he did see kept replaying in his head, a never ending loop that seemed to find joy in his overthinking. 

as he walked, multiple people stopped to wave at him, smiling and asking him about how his day was with him instantly reacting by smiling and talking to them, dismissing any thoughts about chanhee and younghoon and instead replacing them with his standard replies of how wonderful his day had been. 

but once he had reached his dorm, the smile slipped off his face as he stared blankly at the white walls. "don't be like this changmin," he whispered to himself, feeling his knees buckle. "don't be like this changmin," he repeated, now sitting on the floor and hugging his knees to himself. 

chanhee wasn't his first crush. in fact, he had liked (and dated) plenty of people before coming to university but the idea of his feelings being one-sided never hurt any less no matter how many times he went through it. 

he didn't cry, nor did he speak anymore. he simply sat down and stared at the empty white wall that kevin had wanted to use as a decoration wall but had forgotten about.