twenty

𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 : 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞❝ we spent so much time together, i need you

𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 : 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞
❝ we spent so much time together,
i need you. ❞
⁻ ᵍᵃʰᵒ ⁻

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

ten days.

it had been ten days since ji changmin had shown himself to chanhee and frankly speaking, chanhee was beginning to feel some odd feeling he didn't want to label as anything because he believed that that would seal his fate (although he knew deep down that what he was feeling was known as concern).

he had been so focused on figuring out why changmin had suddenly stopped pestering him that he didn't even notice his professor walking up to him after class, lightly tapping on his table and forcing him to snap out of his daze.

when he looked around, he saw that everyone had already left, the lecture being long over. "something on your mind?" his professor asked, smiling brightly at him and chanhee wondered how an old man could still radiate such positivity.

chanhee shook his head, placing all his notes into his bag. "professor, was my project alright?" after the fiasco with his teammates, chanhee decided to complete his project on his own, unwilling to deal with people who only wanted to depend on him to do every single thing. his professor nodded, the smile still on his face. "is there something else that i can do-"

"look outside chanhee." although he didn't get the point of that, chanhee did as told, watching other students walk past, every single one of them busy in one way or another. "why don't you just enjoy your time for a bit?"

chanhee saw friends exchanging hugs and people laughing merrily as though they had heard the most hilarious joke on earth. he looked back down on his empty table, refusing to people watch any longer.

his professor having had noticed his behaviour sighed, sitting on the empty chair next to him. "this moment is the first time i've seen you seem dazed or puzzled or showing any kind of emotion and i've taught you since first year!" chanhee bit his tongue, stopping himself from coming up with a snarky remark because he knew that his professor meant well. "so, if you're asking me what assignment i want you to do, i want you to live a little bit more. i'm sure you have friends — there's that theatre kid who waits for you sometimes and that boy who publicly asked you to watch him dance so that's already two people!"

"are you just sick of marking my work?" chanhee uttered, trying his best to not glare at his professor. the professor laughed heartily, his eyes forming crescent moons as he did so.

"why would i be tired of marking my top student's perfect work?" he said, checking his watch and standing up. "i've got to go now and there's a lecture here soon but, think about it chanhee." and with a small smile, he walked down the steps and out the door.