epilogue

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 : 𝐫𝐞𝐝❝ follow the light with the pouring shooting stars

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 : 𝐫𝐞𝐝
❝ follow the light with the pouring
shooting stars. i wanna be red. ❞
⁻ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵒˢᵉ ⁻

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

4 years later

"why're you taking so long?" kevin asked, knocking on the bedroom door while fixing his tie with his free hand. "we're gonna be late at this rate!"

the door opened, changmin standing and smiling sheepishly at the boy before offering him a soft 'hi' paired with a wave of his hand.

having had enjoyed rooming together since their university days, the pair had decided to stay as they were, renting a place where the two of them could continue living in the same space albeit now, they each had their own room and no longer had to share a bathroom. but ever so often, changmin got on kevins' nerves, the canadian boy unsure of how to handle his best friend who at times felt like a little kid (which admittedly could come across as endearing sometimes).

"don't 'hi' me changmin. if we're late, you already know i'm the one who'll never hear the end of it since chanhee is so damn whipped for you and can't even bring himself to scold you," kevin said, putting changmin's hand down only for him to be back hugged by the latter. "yah! we need to move!" between each word, kevin had to take a breath, practically lugging changmin to the door.

"i'm excited!" changmin said, his voice ringing in kevins' ears with how changmin was still clinging onto kevin. "everyone's been so busy so it's been a while since we all met up!" kevin nodded in agreement, struggling to open their front door and trying to shove changmin off his back.

after he had gotten together with chanhee years ago, changmin surprisingly found his friend circle expanding from sangyeon who was in choir with chanhee (along with jacob who the boy already knew thanks to kevin), to sunwoo who had entered chanhee's dorm recklessly and asked what to do about his boyfriend (who changmin now knew as haknyeon).

and of course, there was younghoon.

changmin held no ill will towards the older and as time went by, he saw how much he truly adored chanhee (in a platonic way of course). instead of bearing any grudges, he was truly glad to have gotten known younghoon better over the years.

thinking about it all now made changmin smile at the memories, remembering how much time he had spent looking for that red rose boy only for him to appear right before his eyes and become a pivotal part of his past, present and hopefully, his future.

he remembered all the times he had cried and wondered whether or not he was good enough but chanhee always made him feel as though he was worth everything beautiful in the world and more. he remembered his neverending support, be it in university showcases or his first ever solo show on a small stage.