twenty nine

𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 : 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞❝ you said you would love me so, what is this? ❞⁻ ⁱᵘ ⁻

❝ you said you would love me
so, what is this? ❞
⁻ ⁱᵘ ⁻

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

"what's been bothering you?" chanhee asked the second their drinks had arrived, the younger of the pair taking off his mask and slowly stirring his drink. "don't think i haven't noticed your strange behaviours lately hoon."

younghoon nodded, staring at his drink, unable to meet chanhee's accusatory stare. chanhee sighed and ran a hand through his hair before lightly flicking the older boy on the forehead. "this is the first time in weeks since you've taken the initiative to invite me somewhere so i took it as a chance to ask why you've been so off but if you don't want to answer then it's fine-"

"you remember how i confessed to you right?" memories of that night flashed before chanhee's eyes, his question on why the theatre boy liked him still ultimately remaining unanswered. he remembered having had fallen asleep that night in younghoon's embrace which, despite the warmth it offered, made chanhee feel at an utter loss, unable to think about what he should or shouldn't be doing.

that night was a whirlwind of feelings both for younghoon and chanhee alike and in all honesty, chanhee wished he could avoid that topic but knowing that he could no longer run from it, he nodded slowly, putting aside his drink and biting on his bottom lip.

younghoon took a deep breath, finally bringing himself to meet chanhee's eyes. "tell me honestly...do you- god this is difficult," younghoon said, a nervous chuckle leaving him. "do you ever think that you could like me in the same way? or have i just been playing a losing game from the very beginning?"

his question stuck chanhee right through the heart, the bullet launched writhing and turning inside his chest and causing him to feel breathless all of a sudden.

he didn't like confrontations like these.

he didn't like facing emotions and feelings because they were just too damn complicated for him. but, younghoon, who chanhee knew had no ill-intent had forced him to properly address everything he didn't want to and-

"and...i know that changmin confessed to you too chanhee so i'm sorry for putting you in such a position but, i..." younghoon looked down into his drink again, losing the confidence he had originally mustered the very second he saw the shock on chanhee's face.

with his hands balled into fists, nails steadily digging into his skin, he forced the next few words out, knowing that if he didn't confront it now, both of them (and maybe even changmin) would drag out this confusion and complications for too long which inevitably, would hurt all of them more. "...i think it's unfair for neither of us to receive a proper answer from you."