thirty five

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 : 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫❝ remember forever, thebeautiful moment now

❝ remember forever, the
beautiful moment now. ❞
⁻ ᵐᶜⁿᵈ ⁻

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

to say that it had been an awkward few minutes would've been a massive understatement with both couples looking expectantly at the other as though waiting for some kind of prompt or invitation to conversation. 

out of the four, the only one that seemed genuinely excited to be there was none other than ji changmin, the boy humming a tune under his breath as he peacefully read through the menu while the others exchanged glances as though asking how and why such a situation had come about.

kevin refilled his glass of water yet another time, seemingly taking shots with the very much non-alcoholic drink while jacob tried his best to remain composed as he too looked through the menu, trying to decide what to order for himself. and in comparison to the smiling cheerful ji changmin was the boy right next to him who had been biting his lip under the mask in an attempt to calm himself down. 

the restaurant that they had went to was a place near the university which had evoked numerous positive reviews from their peers and the netizens alike and made them (more specifically, kevin and changmin) curious to try it out. while jacob had calmly agreed, inside chanhee's head was a warzone. 

he knew that with people singing its' praises, it was bound to be crowded and the fact that they had gone during dinnertime on a friday was further confirmation of just how packed it would be with tons of people both inside and outside the restaurant and the line seemingly unending. 

it was daunting to say the least. chanhee felt immensely uncomfortable but he knew he had to deal with it, to cope with the fact that such a place felt suffocating and made him feel as though he were being watched although he knew deep down that that was far from the truth. chanhee tightened the grip of his mask on his nose, slowly skimming through the menu and attempting to focus all his attention onto the words on paper rather than the noise surrounding him. 

"are you okay?" chanhee glanced sideways to see changmin with a slight frown as the boy placed a hand on top of his, his eyebrows furrowed in worry. "is it too much for you? i don't mind going back now if it's-" chanhee shook his head. 

"i'm alright," he forced out, kevin and jacob now too engrossed in the menu to pay them any mind. changmin pouted, locking his fingers with chanhees' which made chanhee smile ever so slightly despite his rattled nerves. "don't worry about me ji."

changmin hesitantly nodded but even when they ordered their food, he had taken the extra effort to order for chanhee, keeping their hands locked under the table and providing him with a quiet reassurance that he need not be worried.