fifteen

𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 : 𝐟𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫❝ push me away butmy fire still burns

𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 : 𝐟𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫
❝ push me away but
my fire still burns. ❞
— ᵉⁿʰʸᵖᵉⁿ —

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

chanhee felt ill.

he didn't know what it was that made him feel as such but when he woke up, his head was throbbing and he felt overwhelmingly nauseous, so much so that he couldn't even force himself to sit.

"are you okay? you look like literal death," younghoon said, coming out of the washroom and immediately kneeling by chanhee's bed. gently, he placed a hand on chanhee's forehead and the second their skin made contact, chanhee shivered, the coldness from younghoon sending chills down his spine. "holy shit you have a fever."

chanhee frowned — he hadn't fallen ill in a long time and now that he had, he felt as though his body had betrayed him.

"i'm fine," he said, trying to force himself to sit up only for the whole room to start spinning the second he did, younghoon taking hold of him quickly before laying his head back onto his pillow. "maybe i'm not fine."

"you think?" younghoon sighed, searching for fever medication but coming up empty handed. "do you think you'll be okay if i leave to get medicine?" chanhee nodded meekly, younghoon running a hand through his hair as he wore his jacket. "are you sure?"

chanhee would've spoken up and rolled his eyes if he could but all he wanted to do was hide under his blanket and go back to sleep. so all he did was nod slightly, raising  a hand and waving him off.

before younghoon left, he put bread and water on chanhee's bedside table but in that moment, chanhee genuinely didn't feel the slightest bit of hunger.

he lay down, staring at his white ceiling and shivering as it started raining outside. his eyes felt heavy and soon enough, he fell back to sleep.

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

chanhee woke up when thunder crashed, rattling his nerves as he tilted his head slightly to look out his window. sure enough, the rain had gotten stronger and chanhee felt a tug at his heart realising that younghoon had gone out in such weather just to get him medication.

his mind wandered to the previous day, thinking about how younghoon seemed to have feelings for someone and yet refused to tell him. although he knew that it was something personal, chanhee couldn't help but feel upset when younghoon diverted the topic, thinking that chanhee wouldn't catch onto it (but he did). he trusted younghoon a lot more than he did other people and the very fact that it seemed as though that trust was one-sided made chanhee's heart ache.

shifting his body so that he was laying sideways, chanhee continued watching the rain, unable to sleep anymore because of how loud everything was outside his room from the thunder to the incessant chattering of other students trying to enjoy their sunday to the best of their abilities.