one

𝐨𝐧𝐞 : 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬❝ if you go one step at a time, we will meet

𝐨𝐧𝐞 : 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬
❝ if you go one step at a time, we will meet. ❞
‒ ᵍᵒˡᵈᵉⁿ ᶜʰⁱˡᵈ ‒

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

"kev! are you setting up?" changmin asked, titlting his head slightly as he rocked back and forth on his heels. kevin looked up and met his friends' gaze, already fully aware of what he was going to ask him since he had asked the same question since their first year. so, before changmin could even utter a word, kevin held his hand up to his face. 

"i will try again to get his name and major just please don't loiter around my booth - you attract too many people and it's tires me out." 

during their first year in university, changmin had absolutely no interest in anybody and he had intended it to stay that way but his plans got completely derailed the second he caught glimpse of the boy in one of kevin's portraits. 

nothing about him seemed exemplary - in fact, he looked like everyone else with dark brown hair and his dark brown eyes that kevin had painted on canvas. but, unlike everyone else, something about the way he smiled in the portrait made changmin's heart skip a beat and, even though it was just for a second, he wanted to know who he was. he found himself observing every single detail that kevin had so meticulously drawn and, throughout the years, changmin noticed that the things that never changed about the boy were his smile and the red rose pin he constantly wore.

years had passed and yet, despite how he felt that he had the boy's face ingrained into his mind, he still didn't have the slightest bit of a clue as to who he was, with kevin always trying to pry for information from the mysterious boy who had decided to keep his mouth shut. 

"you promise?" changmin asked, holding his pinky finger out to kevin who sighed and locked pinky fingers with him. 

"promise. now, don't you have a dance performance?" changmin nodded, grabbing his bag and running to the hall where he would be putting on a show along with the rest of the dance club in their university. 

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

choi chanhee was bored. 

he had grown tired of listening to people who could barely hold a note try to impress them (them being the choir club leaders) and had to stifle a yawn almost every five seconds as he scribbled down their results on the piece of paper placed before each one of them. 

every year, their club had to conduct auditions for people who wanted to reserve a spot for themselves on their prestigious choral group but, even when he was merely a first year, chanhee had already been placed on the board of leaders, his keen ear and strong voice immediately surprising his seniors who had long graduated and given him the title of a permanent leader in their club, forcing him to participate in the yearly fair even when he was just a first year.