six

𝐬𝐢𝐱 : 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞❝ i'll search the universeuntil I can find you again

𝐬𝐢𝐱 : 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞
❝ i'll search the universe
until I can find you again. ❞
‒ ᵉˣᵒ ‒

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

changmin blindly followed chanhee around the convenience store, trailing behind him like a lost puppy who just wanted to appease its' owner. and, chanhee was well-aware of the fact that changmin was acting as such ‐ he just refused to acknowledge it.

as chanhee continued walking around, he heard the bell ring, a group of people walking in only to stop at the sight of ji changmin staring at a carton of milk inside the fridge.

completely enchanted by the dancer, the group made their way to him, offering to buy him all kinds of snacks to which changmin replied to with a smile and slight shake of his head.

chanhee watched as changmin became surrounded by strangers from their university and rolled his eyes, fixing his mask and grabbing a bottle of water and a sandwich, his eyes momentarily pausing on a small keychain before making his way to the cashier.

he didn't know what he was expecting - ji changmin was the most popular boy in their campus so like moths drawn to a flame, wherever he was, people were sure to follow. with a sigh, he quickly paid for his things and without even looking in changmin's direction, he left, the bell ringing again to indicate his exit.

"are you kidding me?" he murmured, holding his jacket over himself as the rain got stronger, slowly drenching him and making his mask soaked.

before he could whine further, he felt someone next to him and before he knew it, he heard the sound of rain falling on an umbrella instead of it seeping through his jacket.

"ji changmin, aren't you supposed to be entertaining your audience?" chanhee asked, slowly lowering his jacket.

changmin shook his head, holding the umbrella up for the both of them, tilting it ever so slightly towards chanhee's direction and not caring that his shoulder was slowly getting drenched. "i-i saw you buy your things and leave just now so i just wanted to follow you out-"

"don't be nice to me ji," chanhee stated, fixing his eyes at the pavement before him, his fingers clenching around his bottle of water, the sound of rain against pavement echoing. "stop being nice to me ji changmin." 

changmin stared at him, blinking a few times at what he said before opening his bag and clipping something on chanhee's bag, the math major flinching and stepping away from him immediately. "sorry!" changmin exclaimed, rushing to ensure that chanhee was under the umbrella again. "you were looking at it earlier but i didn't know which one you wanted so i got you a giraffe," changmin said, smiling at chanhee. 

chanhee looked at the keychain dangling on his bag and sure enough, it was one of the keychains he had admired earlier but thought against buying because it was a waste of his money and he really did not want to be there any longer. it wasn't all that small, its long neck making up half of its length and, matching its yellow colour was a brown bucket hat that allowed for its ears to poke through paired with tiny brown boots and when chanhee looked at its face, he felt himself soften slightly, the giraffe smiling at him innocently as it hung on his bag strap. 

but, he knew he couldn't keep it. 

"take it back," chanhee said meekly, his eyes not leaving the giraffe keychain. "i don't want it."

changmin raised an eyebrow, holding his laughter at how chanhee's words seemed to be saying one thing while his eyes were clearly saying another. "that's a shame then since i got it for you but i can always give it to someone else! maybe they'll accept it. what do you think?" 

changmin let out a soft laugh at how chanhee's eyes practically screamed panic as they widened. "i'm kidding! it's yours, so please keep it! also, it's getting really late so," changmin handed his umbrella to chanhee, running away before he can say anything and only turning around when he was a safe distance away. "please get home safe choi chanhee!" he yelled, waving at him and running towards the dorms before chanhee could even respond.

"what just happened?" chanhee asked no one in particular, the retreating figure of changmin slowly disappearing into the night. 

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

"what the heck? why're you soaking wet?" kevin asked the second changmin entered the room with a goofy smile on his face. "also, why're you smiling like that? should i be scared? don't tell me you somehow got murderous intentions and that you're about to sacrifice me to some-"

"i think i made chanhee flustered," changmin said, catching the towel that kevin had thrown at him and wrapping it around himself. 

kevin stood staring at him, his mouth slightly agape before shaking his head to bring himself back to reality. "you? you made chanhee flustered? are we talking about the same chanhee?"

changmin nodded, still smiling. he pulled the towel tighter around him and did a small twirl, kevin confused yet elated for his friend getting some form of reaction from his crush.

as changmin skipped to the bathroom, kevin suddenly remembered something that jacob had told him earlier. "by the way min..." changmin hummed in response, combing his hair in front of the mirror. "jacob told me that the choir is having a performance tomorrow and-"

"when? where? is chanhee going to remove his mask? and also-" kevin placed his hand over changmin's mouth, muffling his voice instantly as changmin's eyebrows furrowed. 

"when is during lunch break. where is their choir room. and the last question, probably not. now, if i take my hand away, please don't scre-" the second kevin put his hand down, changmin let out a high pitched scream, practically buzzing with the thought of watching chanhee (even with a mask on) perform. "why do i even bother trying to stop you?" kevin asked, sighing as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"kev! we have to be there!" 

"i'm aware."

"do you think we should make signs? a board?" changmin asked, rushing to his table and opening every drawer he had to find any form of board he could use. "kev, i don't have a board! what am i-"

"first, go shower. then we can talk about this after and also, we are not making boards for them - that's some fan behaviour and i'm not about to do that at school of all places."

changmin tilted his head slightly. "but, you're a jacob hyung fanboy-"

"that is besides the point and stop changing the subject!" changmin laughed as kevin pushed him back inside the bathroom and shut the door.

that night, changmin couldn't sleep a wink, drawing and writing small notes for his one and only crush.

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

[a/n: sorry this is kinda bad and i didnt update last week bc of exams ;-;; but i hope yall are okay <3]