thirty seven

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 : 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭

❝ beautiful love, you and i.
it's a beautiful life, you and i. ❞
⁻ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵒˢᵉ ⁻

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

changmin was anxious. in fact, it felt like he was always anxious, a certain dread constantly plaguing his mind.

his days had been nothing but sunshine for a while (even after witnessing the confrontation between chanhee and his family which happened days ago) and he knew that rainy days would come for him again and today, his feelings felt like a hurricane.

maybe it was because he felt overworked with all the different choreographies or maybe it was due to the fact that the big dance showcase was in 2 days time but whichever one it was causing him to feel that way, he wanted it gone.

turning the music up once more, he began moving, analyzing his every movement in the mirror before him and redoing each part until it clicked.

whenever he was acting in such a way, the whole world faded into the background, the only image he could see being his own reflection in that mirror. he couldn't see the people that had walked past to watch him practice nor could he hear their compliments or remarks, the only voice in his head being his own telling him to push himself harder, to be better and the only thing he could see being his own micro mistakes, his thoughts beating him up at every opportunity.

he breathed heavily, blasting the music even louder and scaring off anyone that hadn't seen him in such a state. he drilled every beat into his head and focused all his attention onto that damn mirror, forgetting the fact that he hadn't eaten or drank anything at all.

his body felt heavy, all his muscles rioting against his will to keep moving and causing his knees to buckle as he fell on all fours coughing.

"ji?" with the music turned off, he fell back into reality, his head turning towards the door to see a maskless choi chanhee rushing towards him and kneeling beside him. "kevin called me because you weren't picking up the phone and he had classes to attend to so he couldn't look out for you and i-"

"get out," changmin said, his tone cold and blunt, momentarily shocking chanhee. upon seeing a flash of hurt on his face, changmin sighed knowing that he had unintentionally hurt chanhee. "i'm sorry chanhee i just...i really need to practice so i don't have time for that or you right now."

he half expected chanhee to leave right then and there, most people giving up once he was in that state of mind but unlike most, chanhee sighed and took a seat at the back of the dance room.