XVII.

Welcome back, as of writing this I'm still recovering from covid. I'm no longer 'sick' but I still can't smell. It's not fun. Do not recommend it. (This is Twi current day, it's going on three months of not smelling things properly.) Anyway, enjoy the story. Please.

"Doesn't this all seem a bit..."

"Overwhelming? Exciting? Spectacular?" Oriana suggested.

Another round of fireworks went off, "Mocking, was the word I was looking for."

It was the first afternoon of Rememberance. At that moment Oriana and I were seated on a balcony overlooking the courtyard where the festivities were being held. Which was the opposite of what I had been told but Celius came through with a lovely sweater to keep my arms and shoulders warm.

I certainly did not expect such a spectacle to be made about someone dying, multiple someone's at that matter. Sure it was fine to remember the happy memories of someone and their achievements and so on, but Rememberance seemed to be more like everyone was happy that the Celatas of Death was gone.

I supposed I'd be on board with them save for the fact that there was now overpoulation issues, food crisises, wars over territory, restrictions on reproduction. Not to mention the fact that people didn't suddenly develop extreme healing capabilities all of the sudden. So when someone did lose a limb, had organ failure, a terminal illness and so on and so forth they didn't magically get better. They were stuck and that was the end of it. I missed my parents terribly but had they lived I knew they'd of been miserable.

But as you can imagine Rememberance didn't reflect those aspects of the Amaraxian Incident.

Instead of something peaceful and respectful, it was much more like one giant party, at least from what I'd seen so far. It was only day one, so there was a chance for it to die down a bit as the month went along. For my sake I hoped so. It was like being at the bar every waking second. And while I liked being at the bar, I liked being able to go home and relax right after.

Oriana shrugged, the fur coat she was wearing exaggerating the motion, "I suppose you could see it that way, but it's still fun regardless."

"Yeah, I guess so." I winced when another smash came from below us followed by cheers. From my understanding there was some abominals fighting in a bracket that'd continue throughout the month. And I don't mean play fighting. I meant they were down there trying to kill each other. Which I supposed was possibly honoring Amarax?? I don't know, I don't understand abominals.

"Just enjoy yourself, Y/N. The Prince will be busy I'm sure with one of the High Housers all day, let's actually celebrate Rememberance for the first time in our lives."

She was right, across the way I could see that once again Blitz was swarmed. Even worse than on Friday too. Seemed everybody had fallen head over heels after the speed dating the day before. Though I supposed I couldn't hold it against them, if Oriana hadn't invited me to sit and relax away from the chaos I might have had it in me to at least stick close by.

"Alright, alright. Give me a second and I'll snag us a bottle of the good stuff." I got up, patting her head as I past by.

She wrinkled her nose, "Ew, no. Mayberry wine is way too fruity."

"Yeah but it burns like whiskey, Ori."

"Even worse."

I laughed, "You can't tell me to celebrate and then not want to celebrate."

"There are other means of celebration that don't involve alchohol."

"Not as much fun though, are they?" I winked and opened the door to head inside.