VIII.

Waking up after the night I had was hard. I slept a ton, but I think that was only because I was so damn exhausted. What also didn't help was that the crew never came by. A weather alert went out around four canceling the day's activities, which never happened actually.

Usually it was a go no matter what, my guess was that Blitz had something to do with it, though I couldn't confirm. Couple that with my tiredness and I didn't get out of bed til way later than what I should have. Don't ridicule me though, it's not like I had anything better to do.

When I did roll out of bed, feeling very well rested mind you, I finally decided to reflect on the previous night's has happenings.

Blitz and I were on some type of terms, which was good. Even though things were only rough for a few days, it felt like ages longer. We weren't necessarily great at that point either though. I was still pissed, but I was willing to work on it. We were at an uncertain point in our relationship, and if I could I was going to use those next two weeks to my benefit and find out what it all meant.

Not that it necessarily mattered. While Blitz and I had known each other for over four months by that point, two weeks to figure out things wasn't ideal. Which was a shame, but once I had found out Blitz wasn't a Scouran I'd come to terms with us never being a 'thing'. I was avoiding that fact and I admit to it. Besides, I had bigger worries without my feelings getting in the way.

I was almost most definitely kidnapped the night before. Or worse. Those people wanted something with me and it was nothing pleasant. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that if they had the power to kill me, they would have. I was lucky that I got away from them when I did.

I had no idea what to expect next though. Who knew what people were willing to do to get me out of the way. I was not in the mood to be tortured or enslaved or whatever they did to beastilians when we didn't do something everyone likes. I was scared for my safety, and for those around me for that matter. It'd only been three days and things were already going south.

'Well what the fuck were you expecting, sweetheart?'

'No, no we are not doing this today, I can not handle anymore of your bullshit. Not right now, so just do yourself a favor and fuck off.'

'...Someone's feeling aggressive today.'

'Oh don't act like you don't know.'

It was true, she should know-or rather, should I know? At this point I've given up trying to keep track-twas approaching the time of the month, the blood moon, Satan's sacrificial waterfall, or whatever weird name people call it. Point is, the old hormones were acting up again-when were they not-and it was making me not in the mood to put up with anyone's shit. Even my own.

Since I was stuck at home no matter what way you put it, the day's plan was to lie on the coach, read, eat whatever was left in the fridge, and listen to the radio. Though need I remind you, that was merely the plan. And as all plans go, they never necessarily need to be followed. But I really wanted to follow that plan, swear to the stars I did.

It didn't happen.

I had just sat down on the couch when she burst in. She always has to burst, never a polite knock or a quiet entrance. Aunt Cass is a dramatic after all, she'd been involved in the community theater since she was twelve. This was a normal happening, I wasn't overly worried.

It was probably just to scold me for not telling her directly of what was going on in my life the past few days. Sure I had stopped by and chatted the day before but that didn't mean it was enough for her. And then I heard it; the loud voices outside the door. Tons of them. My eyes go wide in fear, she wouldn't, she couldn't, she-