Chapter 5: overthinking it

|this is another flashback. we also get a bit of saeko's POV :)|

about a week had passed since nanami had gone to the hostess bar and he couldn't stop thinking about that woman.

he had thought about her every time he jerked off that week. thinking about how soft her skin was, her plump lips, her luscious legs, her scent....she had consumed his mind. even at work, he would often find himself spacing out thinking about her.

he laid on his bed blankly looking up at the ceiling light.

i don't even know her name...

he had the weekend off for a change and he didn't know what to do with himself. he was so used to working long hours and going straight home, maybe picking up something for dinner at a local convenience store. other than that, he was a hermit. he didn't have friends outside of work let alone at work and he lived alone. it had never really bothered him, he liked being alone.

but since he had met the young woman at the bar, he had the urge to see her again.

i should probably apologize...he thought to himself, i left without telling her and she probably feels like she did something wrong.

nanami sat up in his bed, i'm going to see her again. tonight.

saeko opened the door to the bar, hearing the familiar little twinkle as she walked in.

"hello miss kobayashi", the old man behind the bar said as he took down a stool from the bar top.

"hello, mr. furukawa", she smiled at the old man.

she walked past him and through the cloth that hung from a doorway that hid a narrow hallway. she turned a corner before reaching a door and opening it to a powder room. she took off her shoes before entering and walked over towards her locker and unlocked it, setting down her bag on the bench beside it.  she put her shoes in her locker and slipped off her casual clothes, reaching inside her bag for her nightdress. she pulled out an emerald green, strappy cocktail dress that would compliment her figure perfectly. she slipped the dress on, zipping it up. she went over to the vanity and sat down to do her makeup.

she always came to the bar way earlier than any of the other girls. she liked the quiet when it was just her in the powder room. she did her makeup as she always did, blotting red lipstick on the center of her lips to give herself a doll-like look. she added the finishing touches to her makeup and spritzed her floral perfume on her neck and wrists. satisfied, she took a pair of nude, open-toed kitten heels and slid them on her feet before taking one last look in the mirror to make sure everything looked perfect.

she walked out of the powder room after locking her belongings up in her locker, heading towards the bar.

"is something wrong?"

saeko turned to the old man, "hm?"

"you seem troubled tonight miss kobayashi. is something bothering you?"

saeko came over to the bar and sat on one of the stools, "kinda...i've just been thinking about the man that came in last week...and how he just left so suddenly. i think i may have upset him", she said solemnly as she played with her fingers.

the old man chuckled, "ah i'm sure he's fine, he probably just forgot that he had somewhere to be is all. i wouldn't read too much into it"

"yeah, you're right" she sighed, resting her chin on her hand.

was it something i did?

she thought back to that night, the handsome man flashing in her mind. she didn't even notice him until he sat down at the bar. the first thing she noticed about him was his chiseled face, sharp and cold. there was a look in his narrow eyes that made her heart race like she was in high school again.

oh my gosh, why am i thinking about him like that?

she shook her head, trying to get rid of the image of the man that haunted her.

he was handsome though...and he seemed nice...i kinda wish he didn't leave

she pouted, kicking her legs under the barstool. she heard mr. furukawa chuckling and she immediately looked up at the old man, "what is it?"

the old man chuckled softly, "it seems as though you might fancy him a bit, too bad you scared him off", he said with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

saeko blushed, "it's not like that..."

she jolted as she heard the bell on the door twinkle

finally! a customer! are they a regular?

she turned around ready to greet the customer, "welcom-", she froze as she looked at the man in the doorway. it was him. the man from the other night.

today he had on a royal blue dress shirt that had a few buttons unbuttoned with his sleeves rolled up, a black belt, and a pair of beige slacks. his hair was a bit disheveled as if he had been running. it seemed like he had been running, he was panting heavily with his gaze still locked on saeko.

"hi, again"

|hi guys! thank u for reading and thank u for being patient! i had a bit of writer's block with this chapter but i'll get the next one out asap!|