Chapter 7: alone time

the two froze, nanami stopping just as he was about to pull down her panties. saeko's eyes widening at the sudden interruption.

shit.

"n-no thank you! we're fine mr. furukawa!", she quickly stammered.

"all alright then, just phone in if you need anything!"

the two waited and listened until they could no longer hear the old man's footsteps. nanami turned toward the woman who had sat up and was covering her chest with her arms.

"i-i'm sorry...i...", the brunette stammered as she turned around, quickly slipping the straps of her dress back onto her shoulders.

"no no you're fine", he assured her, placing a hand on her back, "let me help you". nanami sat back as she lifted her hair away from the zipper of her dress. he zipped the dress back up, admiring her spine and her shoulder blades.

she turned back around, pulling the material of her dress up to try and cover her chest. she was beet red and visibly flustered.

cute...

"so um...do you want to go back to karaoke or??", the young woman broke the silence first.

"eh? oh, not really if i'm being honest", nanami rubbed the back of his neck.

"oh", she sounded deflated, like she had been rejected.

jesus. just ask her already.

he cleared his throat, "ah...instead maybe...would you like to come back with me? to my apartment?", he asked cautiously.

he noticed that she still felt uncomfortable, "we don't have to do anything if you don't feel comfortable, i would just like to spend time with you. that's all"

the brunette looked at him cautiously, like she was trying to figure out if he was lying or not.

"i don't do this type of stuff", she muttered.

"hm?"

"i mean...i don't usually do these types of things with clients...i just wanted to let you know", she said firmly, holding his gaze.

what is she talking about?...oh.

"i didn't think you did", he replied. "and again, we don't have to do anything if you don't want to"

he saw her posture begin to soften, realizing that he wasn't just after her for sex.

"okay, i'll have to tell mr. furukawa that i'm going with you. and, i'll need your address", she said as she stood up.

"my address?"

"safety reasons", she replied calmly as she smoothed her hair down.

"oh okay, yeah sure that's fine"

saeko walked into the man's apartment, leaving her shoes in the entryway. it was late, however, she was glad that she had nanami to walk with her; she felt safe around him.